Can't login to Evernote through Scannable

I created my Evernote account by logging in with my Google account. When I try to login to Evernote inside of the Scannable app, it does not accept my gmail address and password as my Evernote credentials (I use a password keeper so there isn't a possibility that I'm entering the password incorrectly). There isn't any option in Scannable to link through Google either.

If my gmail account and password are somehow not my Evernote user name and password, what the heck is? I'm not interested in resetting the password since it's literally working everywhere but Scannable.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not exactly sure how this works,  but logging in with your Google details is an option within Evernote;  you will also have an Evernote user name and (presumably) a password. 

Resetting your Google details won't help with Scannable,  and the only way you can get to your Evernote details (AFAIK) is to go to your account page at Evernote.com - where you'll be asked for your password before you can see your security settings.  I'd bet that's your Evernote password,  not the Google version. 

Unless someone can come up with an answer from their own experience,  I think you'll need to contact support directly to resolve this - if you're a paying subscriber at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just clicked "Forgot password" in the scannable app (appears after a failed sign in), then followed the password reset steps via e-mail to reset the password on my account. This appears to have converted my account to an actual evernote account, using the gmail account from my google account that I originally used to sign in with. Once you choose a new password and complete the password reset, you should be able to login with that email and new password in Scannable.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem. But it didn't accept my email either.

Tons of information on why signing into Evernote with gmail is good. But no option for this on the Scannable app? What an oversight. Yeesh.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, irened said:

I have the same problem. But it didn't accept my email either.

Tons of information on why signing into Evernote with gmail is good. But no option for this on the Scannable app? What an oversight. Yeesh.

Hi.  Scannable is an older and separate app, developed for a specific purpose and before Evernote - which is updated fairly frequently - had the Google connection.  You could try the Evernote app's camera feature while you sort out a log in.  If you're saying the 'forgotten password' screen rejects your email address,  did you change it since registering?