(Archived) Selecting a notebook for clipping

likes2hike

Having an option of which notebook to "clip" to, when the clipping button is selected in my browser (Safari), would be a very useful function. Right now, it seems the only way to select the notebook is to first go to the preferences and choose the notebook, then actually clip the item. Then, if I want to use a different notebook for the next clipping, I have to go back to preferences and change it again.

• Level 5

Having a standard default storage notebook is very helpful.

In this busy world, I can do some fast clips and know exactly where to go later in the day to tag them and move them. They stay in the default notebook until I am satisfied they are captured and updated correctly.

If the storage notebook was changing all the time, it would get very confusing trying to remember where the clippings were placed, unless you were 100% methodical in tagging, revising the titles, ensuring the correct date, etc.

It sounds like you're using the Mac? If so ...

Go to: Evernote > Preferences > Clipping

You can change your preferred clipping destination.

I also recommend the "Bring the new note to the front" option ... if you have "More Info" selected, you can easily change the notebook for the created note, or just close it with Cmd-W if you don't need to make any changes.

Archived