Evernote for Windows 6.5 Beta 2 Released

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Today we're releasing version 6.5 Beta 2 - you can download it here. We're excited to announce two new features.

• Shared view: can now quickly browse all notes you've received via Work Chat from the "Shared" section in the left panel.589d4a00972ff_SharedSection.png.0326cae9cbc6ce23c6983200461d705a.png

• On demand sync: an option if you want note content to be downloaded only when you see the note in the note list. This is ideal for users with many thousands of notes who want to save some disk space. You can enable this by checking the "Enable on demand sync" option under Tools>Options>Synchronization. If you do not check this option, Evernote will download all the notes content in advance. 589d4d2bcc5b0_Enableondemandsync.PNG.d329587bb082f8d9a5af380a54e31bdb.PNG

In addition we've fixed many bugs between Beta 1 & Beta 2. We continue to work on stability and fixed 4 crashes and addressed a few localization issues. Let us know what you think about the above capabilities and if you spot any issues. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows team! 

Evernote for Windows 6.5 Beta Notes

New:

• Easily browse notes and notebooks you've received via Work Chat from the "Shared" section in the left panel.
  • Choose to only download recently and frequently used notes using on demand sync by checking the "Enable on demand sync" option under Tools>Options>Synchronization.

Improved:

• Improved handling of large resources on 32-bit systems.

Fixed:

• An intermittent error syncing when connecting to a business account for the first time.
  • Issues with the printing of notes with tables.
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone seeing any sync issues in this latest update?

I updated a note on laptop A last night.  Laptop B still shows the old version this morning.  Web shows version as updated on laptop A. I've forced sync on each laptop again numerous times and same issue.

Updated the same note on Laptop B with a new line of text.  Web gets Laptop B version, but Laptop A isn't updating with the change now. Laptop C is still showing the original note (what laptop B did this morning). 

Android/Mobile version shows me the new Laptop B version (like Web version too), as does Laptop D (non beta).

Laptop A, B and C are all on the new beta version. 

Did some additional testing - created note on Laptop B - Laptop A gets the note. Add a line of text (on Laptop A)and sync again, Web & mobile gets the update, but Laptop B isn't getting the update.  Update an existing note on Laptop B, web and mobile get the update, Laptop A isn't updating.  Laptop D (non beta) updates as expected (in sync with web and mobile versions).

Update a note via web and sync laptop A and B - they both show the note as updated "1 minute ago", but the note content is still conflicted between the two laptops - neither is in sync with the web version now.  A new Web note is properly synced to both laptop A and B.

Anyone seeing similar or can reproduce and consider this a significant bug?

I do have on demand sync turned on - but haven't purged the database to put it to use.

update: turned OFF on demand sync and restarted Evernote, let things sync again (5 minute sync) and all is working back to normal again.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, ej8899 said:

update: turned OFF on demand sync and restarted Evernote, let things sync again (5 minute sync) and all is working back to normal again.

A couple of new registry values with this version effect syncing lag time.  Hacks from earlier in the thread.

6 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Anyone seeing similar or can reproduce and consider this a significant bug?

I do have on demand sync turned on - but haven't purged the database to put it to use.

I saw similar behavior where on one node (home desktop) I enabled demand sync after updating (not really know what it was), I then made a change to a note (adding an attachment), then after I got to work I noticed the attachment wasn't there on the work version (also on latest beta but not demand sync enabled). I was able to pull it off my phone, so I know it was in the cloud. After I got back home and turned off demand sync and haven't seen the issue since. 

I have two bugs:

A note in shortcuts and with the title "\\\ BIDAIA" (i put slash if the case...) is not syncing across devices, i modify this in my office computer, Sync, and in home it does not sync with changes made in the office....

The left scroll randomly move down automatically...

Just noticed a small issue after deleting the local copy of my database (~15.5 K notes, 7 GB) and enabling on-demand sync.  Thumbnail images in the context section of a note are broken unless the associated note has been downloaded.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*

Dunno whether this has been reported or not, but the Options dialog, Search tab, has a double entry for "Maximum number of notes in preview tooltip", only shown when Show advanced options is checked.

• Level 5*
On 2/9/2017 at 9:30 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

On demand sync: an option if you want note content to be downloaded only when you see the note in the note list. This is ideal for users with many thousands of notes who want to save some disk space. You can enable this by checking the "Enable on demand sync" option under Tools>Options>Synchronization. If you do not check this option, Evernote will download all the notes content in advance. 

Any plans to make this work more like iOS where you can pick which notebooks are downloaded and which are not? That way there is no danger getting on a plane or in a car with no signal and not having notes available without having to select EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in a notebook you may be working on?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, EdH said:

Any plans to make this work more like iOS where you can pick which notebooks are downloaded and which are not? That way there is no danger getting on a plane or in a car with no signal and not having notes available without having to select EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in a notebook you may be working on?

A bit further up-thread Peter gave lots of great information about the new feature and how it works (all worth reading), and, more pertinent to your question, what it might bring:

On 2/15/2017 at 8:41 PM, kvitekp said:

Moreover, on-demand sync feature enables us to implement long requested features going under names like "Selective sync", "Auto Archiving", "Offline Notebooks Sync", etc. 

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, EdH said:

I may delete my local data and turn this on. Without 18,000 notes in 8+gb to maintain maybe it will stop locking up on me multiple times a day. 

Well, I did it. Database went from 8GB+ to under 250MB. Let's see how it goes using it the next few days.

Still anxiously awaiting the part here I can say "and download all notes in notebooks X, Y, and Z"

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, EdH said:

Well, I did it. Database went from 8GB+ to under 250MB. Let's see how it goes using it the next few days.

Still anxiously awaiting the part here I can say "and download all notes in notebooks X, Y, and Z"

Please report back in the forum if you experience performance improvements.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, EdH said:

Not sure that's in the cards any time soon; that's a search language change, so it affects all clients. No question that it would be useful, though.

Hope the on-demand sync thingie works out for you...

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, jefito said:

Not sure that's in the cards any time soon; that's a search language change, so it affects all clients. No question that it would be useful, though.

Hope the on-demand sync thingie works out for you...

What does checking a box have to do with search language? I tell iOS all of the time which notebooks to download. Just flip a switch.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, EdH said:

What does checking a box have to do with search language? I tell iOS all of the time which notebooks to download. Just flip a switch.

Oh, duh -- yes, so-called selective sync. My fault; somehow I had stuck in my head that you were referring to multiple notebook search.

Chalk it up to #BadAtMultitasking

4 minutes ago, pepr said:

Now the Sync bug is confirmed, i see updated note in Evernote Web and ios and not in Desktop home (edited from Desktop in the office).

Back to 6.4 and away from betas for a time :(

6.4 did not solve the issue, BUT i use "Ctrl+Help" > "Fix current note" and voila, dont tell me what the issue is. For now will stay in 6.4.

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, pepr said:

6.4 did not solve the issue, BUT i use "Ctrl+Help" > "Fix current note" and voila, dont tell me what the issue is. For now will stay in 6.4.

Did you try CTRL-Help in the beta? Just curious. Seems like the break wasn't beta related, but wondering if the beta broke the fix.

@Chantal Leonard or @kvitekp - what happens with many of the CTRL-HELP commands if you have On Demand sync enabled?

For example, would things like "Optimize Database", "Fix all notes", "Recreate Full Index Search", etc. force a full download and then do it, or only do it on the downloaded notes?

AdvancedHelp.png

• Level 5*

Bug in Paste and Match Style in a note body.

I have a section of a note that is code and I want it to be in a courier font to stand out as such. It is a snippit I use often in PowerQuery/PowerBI so I just copy it back into those apps when needed.

But I sometimes tweak the code and I want that tweak in Evernote for future use. The editor is a pure text editor, and is in a fixed with font.

When I highlight my old code in Evernote and select Paste and Match Style, Evernote never retains the Courier font or size (8). It always reverts to Calibri 10.

I'm very pleased about the on-demand sync for the Evernote Windows client. I don't think it is a question only or primarily of disk space. My experience for quite a while is that when I start to type a search term into the box Evernote would suddenly become unresponsive for a long time (minutes) then come back. I have 20,000 notes. Part of the problem is that my PC is poorly configured and it often becomes I/O bound.

I was avoiding the desktop Evernote and doing things on the web because of the problems.

I uninstalled Evernote and installed the beta several days ago. I'm very happy with the results. Evernote has been quite clever at not downloading a gazillion things. I have been doing my normal use of Evernote, which does *not* involve frequent searching of my whole note-base. The searches I have done have been quick enough and accurate. No more minutes of disk pounding.

I have discovered a minor bug in the on-demand download feature. So far the behavior has remained constant. 6.5.3.4452 (304452), Windows 10 Home version 1607 14393.693. Before I started to use the beta I uninstalled Evernote completely and manually renamed my Evernote data folder out of the way to start from scratch.

On my Android phone I use an app called PostEver2. One enters an item into it and sends the item. If there is no PostEver2 note for the current date it creates a new note. If there is an existing note, it appends a timestamp and the new text to the existing note.

On-demand downloading successfully downloads the new note but does *not* ever download a new version of the note after it has been appended to.

Evernote on the web, and Evernote on all my Android devices, correctly show the modified note.

My *speculation* about the problems I was having (see my earlier message) is as follows: When Evernote started to work on the search it started to pull in the local indexes or other non-content data used to make searching efficient. Since I have 20,000 notes (I've been using Evernote since 2008) and many of my notes are PDFs even merely the indexes are huge. So my *speculation* is that the issue is not disk space (as some people have suggested above; I have a 1TB hard disk) but rather the size and complexity of the local indexes (in relationship to RAM? I have 4GB). So (to fabricate an over-simplified image) in order to find recent lunch menus at the Library of Congress Evernote was sucking into RAM the Library's whole card catalog, or at least a large chunk of it. With on-demand sync I will have only a small part of the card catalog locally instead of the whole nine yards; the rest will be in the sky.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, wilsonch said:

My *speculation* about the problems I was having (see my earlier message) is as follows: When Evernote started to work on the search it started to pull in the local indexes or other non-content data used to make searching efficient. Since I have 20,000 notes (I've been using Evernote since 2008) and many of my notes are PDFs even merely the indexes are huge. So my *speculation* is that the issue is not disk space (as some people have suggested above; I have a 1TB hard disk) but rather the size and complexity of the local indexes (in relationship to RAM? I have 4GB). So (to fabricate an over-simplified image) in order to find recent lunch menus at the Library of Congress Evernote was sucking into RAM the Library's whole card catalog, or at least a large chunk of it. With on-demand sync I will have only a small part of the card catalog locally instead of the whole nine yards; the rest will be in the sky.

You can change the search as you type behavior by going to Tools - Settings - Search as you type delay.  Then the search will not start until you pause typing. 

ScreenClip.png.b4dfc51675e21c9d1448406870ecb33e.png

• Level 5*

Just checking in - I re-named the database folder on my backup laptop,  set 'demand sync' and logged back in.  My 16.2GB database is now 200KB (!!) -no note usage yet- and the laptop is zipping along a little faster than I remember - or maybe that's just me.  Looking good so far...  :)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Just checking in - I re-named the database folder on my backup laptop,  set 'demand sync' and logged back in.  My 16.2GB database is now 200KB (!!) -no note usage yet- and the laptop is zipping along a little faster than I remember - or maybe that's just me.  Looking good so far...  :)

All good!  I just can't get over the backup hump.  I don't accidentally delete a note often, but it happens...  Plus EN is working just fine for me speed-wise.  Or am I just Ludditing again?   :blush:  

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, csihilling said:

I just can't get over the backup hump.  I don't accidentally delete a note often, but it happens...  Plus EN is working just fine for me speed-wise.  Or am I just Ludditing again?

Nope. I wouldn't have done it except EN on Windows is really unusable to me due to the lockups while it does stuff on the database. Has been this way for me since 2012-2013 when my DB grew over 10,000 notes and probably around 4-5GB in size. I'd much rather keep a full local copy, and will do so on my Macbook even when selective sync comes to it, but on Windows, right now I prefer performance over convenience.

• Level 5
On 2/21/2017 at 3:46 PM, jefito said:

Dunno whether this has been reported or not, but the Options dialog, Search tab, has a double entry for "Maximum number of notes in preview tooltip", only shown when Show advanced options is checked.

They belong to different sections, one specifies max number notes in the search results preview in the Quick Search window and the other one in the Assisted Search view.

• Level 5*

Ludditing is good - notice that I converted the backup lappy,  but the big dog is strictly standard.  99% of my editing is on the main one - I might add some info on the backup,  but that's going to be random thoughts;  lowest risk of my fat finger syndrome causing issues.  I did get an 'odd' transition experience - I have some screenshots - see below... 58b1cfe98d5e8_Evernotedesktop1.thumb.jpg.37a1f8871578e74b0e8c595220f7cb0b.jpg58b1cff0148b2_Evernotedesktop2.thumb.jpg.a91e46f56f186fe2e1fbd1e822b5f267.jpg

A few observations about why you would want selective sync, yes biased towards people with lots of notes:

• If you save attached documents and media, your Evernote database size can go up dramatically. Mine is only 14GB because most of my notes are simplified format and I don't include photos. Some people use Evernote as a photo database
  • As an occasional traveler, in the past I have had laptops used mainly for traveling which are not a commonly-used machine. I don't want to have to wait for everything to sync but there's no way on the desktop versions of Evernote to prioritise just a few notes or notebooks.
  • I may want just a few notebooks worth on a local machine if I am keeping research relevant to that machine there, without having to use the web version. (eg: if using Evernote at a work situation I may not want my entire database)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, AndyDent said:

Some people use Evernote as a photo database

I really really would NOT use Evernote as a photo database.  There are lots of other options with far more features and virtually free cloud storage.  Plus Evernote makes no claims about picture resolution or quality - it's not bad,  but high-quality DSLR pic may not be quite such high quality after attachment.  And big pictures eat into allowances and max note sizes very quickly...

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, AndyDent said:

A few observations about why you would want selective sync, yes biased towards people with lots of notes:

There is an entire discussion devoted to Selective Sync and no one is opposing it.  In fact this is the first time I've seen Evernote respond favorably to the request as in this response

Hi - I've an issue with tag search since upgrading.

Previously when I entered a character into a tag search Windows EN (as web EN still does) would bring up all tags wherever the character appeared in the tag name.

Now it only brings up tags where the character is at the start of the tag name.

Matters to me because I use {yyyymmdd} at the end of a tag name as a date stamp on project task names using an eclectic version of GTD ATB (you'll know what that means if you're as sad as me) 

Thank you

Peter

• Level 5*

Hi.

30 minutes ago, Addis Geordie said:

Previously when I entered a character into a tag search Windows EN

Exactly what are we talking here?  Do you mean you search with "tag:xxx" or you type in the tag window on a new note??

Hi Gazumped

Thanks for quick response

In the left panel - go to tags section - highlight the search magnifying glass icon - then type {  and then the rest of what I was looking for by yyyymmdd or truncated with * to widen 

Sorry I wasn't clear - hope that's better?

Thanks

Peter

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Cheers for that.  I don't use { in my tags,  but I just ran a search for 'mail' and all my Email / Gmail / Mailing list tags popped up.  Only 1 had 'mail' at the start of the string.  Dropping the 'l' added 'domain name' to the list.

If this was the behaviour you're looking for I'd suggest File > Exiting Evernote and restarting your system.  There's an outside chance that because I'm using the beta version this represents some sort of a fix by Evernote,  but I'd doubt it...

Hi Gazumped

Done that - didn't work - as you thought

And I put "mail" as you did and that brought nothing up.  "mai" did as it's the start of an Irish colleague's name (I tag colleagues - most of them should be) But none of the many tags containing "mai" such as gmail or whatever.

So, this remains an odd and annoying glitch.  Which is buggering up my weekly routine. Have reported it to the powers to be at Evernote - who then responded that  should ask on here :)

All best

Peter

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Addis Geordie said:

Previously when I entered a character into a tag search Windows EN (as web EN still does) would bring up all tags wherever the character appeared in the tag name.

Now it only brings up tags where the character is at the start of the tag name.

Please open Tools/Options and select Navigation section in the left column, then uncheck "[X] Match tags by prefix" in the "Tags related options" section.

• Level 5*

Bug in the On Demand Sync feature.

1. Put your laptop to sleep
  2. have a reminder fire when the laptop is asleep for a note that is sync'd down.
  3. wake laptop at a Starbucks or other place where you have to "log in" to the internet on a browser.
  4. Click the reminder popup toast to open the note.
  5. Log in to the web site so the internet is active

the note will not sync down. If you do steps 4 and 5 in reverse, the popup toast will vanish.

I went back to the main EN UI and forced a sync, but that didn't cause it to load my note, and neither did an F9 in the note itself.

I closed the note and then went and found it. Before selecting on it and opening it, I noticed that the size was not 0 bytes, so maybe the note had loaded and the bug is the open note window in step #4 above isn't refreshing itself to show it has data.

• Level 5*

Idea for On Demand Sync and cloud only notes.

Having 0 bytes shown is misleading. I would personally prefer to know how big a note is regardless of whether or not it is downloaded. It may impact my desire to open it and sometimes even let me know if it is the right note to open. For example, I know a 400kb note is not the right note if I am looking for an image attachment, but if they all say 0bytes, then that isn't helping.

Instead, can you make use of the sync column? right now it is

1. blank - sync'd and no changes pending
  2. dot - changes locally that need to be sync'd up.

Add a 3rd. A cloud or something showing the note only exists in the cloud right now. And maybe get rid of the dot in point 2 and show a cloud with sync arrows in it. Or a white cloud for cloud only, green cloud for sync pending, or something. (Please do not select two shades of gray for the clouds though...) 

Since this last update I am finding that when a sync is running I am not able to do anything until the Sync is finished, if I try to do anything then Evernote locks up with "not responding" sometimes for several minutes. Once the sync is finished everything is fine. I am not using on demand sync. I have almost 12,000 notes and am using Evernote Business.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, ianfm said:

Since this last update I am finding that when a sync is running I am not able to do anything until the Sync is finished, if I try to do anything then Evernote locks up with "not responding" sometimes for several minutes. Once the sync is finished everything is fine. I am not using on demand sync. I have almost 12,000 notes and am using Evernote Business.

Me since 2012. 

Demand sync seems to have fixed for me. 

• Level 5*
On 2/25/2017 at 2:28 PM, kvitekp said:

They belong to different sections, one specifies max number notes in the search results preview in the Quick Search window and the other one in the Assisted Search view.

Got it; thanks. I'd suggest adding "Quick Search" and "Assisted Search" to the respective prompts just to be a little clearer.

• Level 5*

There is a big in the note editor when pasting characters from the Character Map in Windows. I want to use the arrows (which are way at the bottom as U+2190 through U+2199.

Evernote INSISTS on putting these in different rows. Apps like Word and OneNote though treat them as normal characters.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, EdH said:

Me since 2012. 

Demand sync seems to have fixed for me

There is actually something else you may want to try if your database grows again: registry setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/LargeResourceThreshold specifies the size of resources in megabytes that will be stored outside of the main database. This setting is normally set to 0 unless Evernote is running on a 32-bit system with low memory, however, you can set it manually if you want to keep your main database file small.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, kvitekp said:

There is actually something else you may want to try if your database grows again: registry setting HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/LargeResourceThreshold specifies the size of resources in megabytes that will be stored outside of the main database. This setting is normally set to 0 unless Evernote is running on a 32-bit system with low memory, however, you can set it manually if you want to keep your main database file small.

I don't understand what the setting does. I have gobs and gobs of RAM and hard drive space. What should I set it at?

• Level 5*

We need a VISUAL indicator that the search isn't complete if someone has the on demand sync option.

I typed in a relatively simple query:

tag:powerquery try

and instantly got back one result, and that was it, which I knew was wrong. After a few seconds (and probably a few seconds too quickly) tried a few other searches and gave up, finding what I needed on my phone.

I then tried again on my PC and sure enough, when I left it alone, all the hits eventually came down. So it was obviously searching the cloud through the remainder of my notes, which is fine, but there was no visual indication this was happening. I can see this taking longer for slow connections, or much larger data sets than mine.

Needs something, like dots zooming across the screen, a moving magnifying glass, a hula dancer telling me about low mortgage rates, etc.

• Level 5*

Can we get this client to stop resizing images I have annotated?

1. Clip screenshot
  2. resize by dragging handle in lower right corner.
  3. annotate image
  4. image back to 100%
  5. drag back to preferred size
  6. 2 days later, annotate some more
  7. image back to 100%
  8. scream
  • Level 5*
16 minutes ago, EdH said:

Needs something, like dots zooming across the screen, a moving magnifying glass, a hula dancer telling me about low mortgage rates, etc.

Hopefully optional, particularly the mortgage rates.  ;)

I thought I would do a test, me not using demand sync.  I did a search for tag:statement try and got 233 results right after I finished typing try (I have the 50 ms lag set for search delay).  I have 3777 notes with the tag statement virtually all of them PDFs.  Of those 519 are > 1MB in size.  

I know I haven't been beleaguered by the performance issues that you have, Ed so may not be a good comparison.  But still, if demand sync adds lag to searches it would be a good thing to know.  Could be something to put on the minus side of the ledger with how to backup.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, EdH said:

I don't understand what the setting does. I have gobs and gobs of RAM and hard drive space. What should I set it at?

If you set  HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/LargeResourceThreshold to 1, all resources larger than 1MB will be stored in a subfolder named <your_database_name>.exb.attachments. Your main database file will become smaller and it will take less time to vacuum it. This should prevent those unresponsive application states.

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, kvitekp said:

If you set  HKCU/Software/Evernote/Evernote/LargeResourceThreshold to 1, all resources larger than 1MB will be stored in a subfolder named <your_database_name>.exb.attachments. Your main database file will become smaller and it will take less time to vacuum it. This should prevent those unresponsive application states.

Ahhh.... that is kind of how the Mac does it, except it puts note text as a separate file too.

I might try that.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

Hopefully optional

It would only be necessary with on demand sync. With my full database sync'd locally, 1 of 4 things happened for me:

1. nearly Instant results
  2. The UI would lock up and become unresponsive until it found whatever it was looking for, so you knew it wasn't done
  3. The UI would lock up and become unresponsive until it found whatever it was looking for, so you knew it wasn't done
  4. The UI would lock up and become unresponsive until it found whatever it was looking for, so you knew it wasn't done

On 28/02/2017 at 7:25 AM, ianfm said:

22 hours ago, EdH said:

Me since 2012. 

Demand sync seems to have fixed for me. 

18 hours ago, kvitekp said:

On demand sync is not an option for me, I need my notes offline because I often have to work where there is no access to the internet. Have no idea what this registry setting is all about, are you saying that by adjusting this it will stop the lock ups?

I have done some more looking at this  "not responding" issue. When I updated to this latest version I also did some tidying up of tags and notebooks, I have added some styles to various tags and notebooks. Now whenever Evernote syncs the not responding state always comes when the activity log shows:

[11680] 0% Updating 129 local item styles

I have tried several syncs and watched the activity log and every time consistently the lock up occurs at the same point that the activity log shows that message.

Should have to update the item styles every time it syncs when none of the styles have been changed since the last sync?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, ianfm said:

Now whenever Evernote syncs the not responding state always comes when the activity log shows:

I have tried several syncs and watched the activity log and every time consistently the lock up occurs at the same point that the activity log shows that message.

Should have to update the item styles every time it syncs when none of the styles have been changed since the last sync?

I have noticed this behavior as well. The lockups seem to occur when the tag styles have (at any time in the past) been edited on another computer. Therefore I am very careful not to add/edit tag styles on any other computer than my main computer.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, ianfm said:

I have done some more looking at this  "not responding" issue. When I updated to this latest version I also did some tidying up of tags and notebooks, I have added some styles to various tags and notebooks. Now whenever Evernote syncs the not responding state always comes when the activity log shows:

Thank you for reporting this! The problem is identified and fixed. Item styles synchronization should not cause database contention anymore.

17 hours ago, kvitekp said:

Thank you for reporting this! The problem is identified and fixed. Item styles synchronization should not cause database contention anymore.

Great job, thanks. Sync is much better now.

• Level 5*
On 2/28/2017 at 8:29 PM, kvitekp said:

This sounds like a great option. However, I have 2 questions.

1. If I delete a note that had a large attachment, is the corresponding .attachment file also deleted? There doesn't seem to be a way of distinguishing between "active" attachments and those that belong to deleted notes,

2. Is everyone aware of the need to back up the .attachment folder if backing up the database?

• Level 5
44 minutes ago, FactMan said:

1. If I delete a note that had a large attachment, is the corresponding .attachment file also deleted? There doesn't seem to be a way of distinguishing between "active" attachments and those that belong to deleted notes,

Deleted notes that are still in Trash will have their attachments stored in .attachments subfolder. The attachment file will only be deleted when the note is expunged.

45 minutes ago, FactMan said:

2. Is everyone aware of the need to back up the .attachment folder if backing up the database

I don't think so, however, Customer Support has all the details.

• Level 5*
On 02/03/2017 at 7:32 PM, scruziel said:

6.4 disabled my ability to print pictures on one page as I could before. Will 6.5 fix this?

Hi.  How were you printing on one page?  I haven't noticed any difference in the way that Evernote treats images.

• Level 5*

I am getting this dialog box rather frequently after I use the EN Chrome and/or GMail clipper.

The problem is it is too easy for this dialog box to vanish into the background, in which case EN becomes totally non-responsive. The only way to fix this is to ALT-TAB until this dialog box shows up. Two suggestions:

1. Make this dialog box modal. If it exists, it is front and center and no other Evernote window can be brought in front of it to hide it. It is semi-modal now. No other evernote window can be used but it can be brought forward to hide this giving the impression EN is locked up. Killing the evernote.exe will fix it, and I almost did this the other day being unable to figure out why EN was non-responsive.
  2. Better yet, have a check box in this that says "Don't ask this again." Just sync the note down. Only show me a dialog if it cannot sync it for some reason.

syncnow.png

I have been running the latest beta: 6.6.3.4452 (304452) Prerelease for a while now, and it is not any better.  I was excited because the release notes said they made some improvements for 32 bit systems, which sounded like they were attacking the issue, but I still get a fair amount of not responding, mainly due to disk I/O max out, but sometimes just not responding.  Seems similar to before; if I'm not in EN (BTW--I'm Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop) for a while, and jump in and edit something, then it works for a bit then suddenly locks up.  Also seems still sensitive to copy/paste and highight/delete.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, eafpres said:

I have been running the latest beta: 6.6.3.4452 (304452) Prerelease for a while now, and it is not any better.  I was excited because the release notes said they made some improvements for 32 bit systems, which sounded like they were attacking the issue, but I still get a fair amount of not responding, mainly due to disk I/O max out, but sometimes just not responding.  Seems similar to before; if I'm not in EN (BTW--I'm Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop) for a while, and jump in and edit something, then it works for a bit then suddenly locks up.  Also seems still sensitive to copy/paste and highight/delete.

Have you considered using the On Demand sync? It sync's all note headers, but only the body when you select it. My database went from over 8GB to under 1GB and it is infintely more responsive. Not a single lock up like you describe since doing this. I've been fighting this for 4-5 years!

You'll need to log off, delete your local DB copy, log in, set the setting and let it sync headers. 30min or less over regular internet connection since it won't sync note bodies.

I'm not sure if this problem is with this version specifically, but I've noticed now if I search by a specific tag, the search is then populated by a number of other tags using the ANY operator. This makes search impossible for me. Is there a way to prevent this happening and enable me to control the search better? 

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, kitezh said:

I'm not sure if this problem is with this version specifically, but I've noticed now if I search by a specific tag, the search is then populated by a number of other tags using the ANY operator. This makes search impossible for me. Is there a way to prevent this happening and enable me to control the search better? 

You have Tools / Options / Navigation / Tags Related Options / Automatically select child tags checked. When that's enabled, any time you use a tag that has subtags, the search turns into an ANY search with those subtags and any others you may have specified. 

For me, I'd rather it be a search language option that you could use with individual searches rather than a global setting that affects all searches, but I'm guessing that that's not likely to happen any time soon.

1 minute ago, jefito said:

You have Tools / Options / Navigation / Tags Related Options / Automatically select child tags checked. When that's enabled, any time you use a tag that has subtags, the search turns into an ANY search with those subtags and any others you may have specified. 

For me, I'd rather it be a search language option that you could use with individual searches rather than a global setting that affects all searches, but I'm guessing that that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Phew! You saved me. I was going crazy. I thought it would be in the Search options. Thanks Jeff.

• Level 5*

Two bugs / issues noted:

There's a mismatch between the tool tray icon menu item "Clip screenshot" and the corresponding entry in the Evernote shortcut keys dialog, which says "Capture screen". 

Not sure if this is addressed, but Win 10 installations should avoid setting the Clip screenshot shortcut key wi Win+PrtScr, which appears to be overriden by Windows for its own screen capture functionality.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, kitezh said:

Phew! You saved me. I was going crazy. I thought it would be in the Search options. Thanks Jeff.

No problem. I barked my shins on that a few times before I figured it out. It was mystifying : select one, tag, two tags, no problem, then click on one tag and all of a sudden there's a zillion tags in the mix. Wha?

22 hours ago, EdH said:

Have you considered using the On Demand sync? It sync's all note headers, but only the body when you select it. My database went from over 8GB to under 1GB and it is infintely more responsive. Not a single lock up like you describe since doing this. I've been fighting this for 4-5 years!

You'll need to log off, delete your local DB copy, log in, set the setting and let it sync headers. 30min or less over regular internet connection since it won't sync note bodies.

I had not absorbed that part of the update mentally, even though it was stated in the releae notes.  Thank you for pointing this out; I'm trying it and will report back.  I have done the log off, move dB, restart, log in sequence and as noted, the initial sync is fast.  So far no issues.  I do work offline occasionally, on airplanes, but otherwise 95% of my work is when connected.  Thus, I think my use case is optimal for this change.  However, I also use my mobile devices a lot, and a few of the issues noted above are a concern regarding keeping things in sync, but I'll have to wait and see.  Thank you again for pointing this out to me.

35 minutes ago, eafpres said:

Thus, I think my use case is optimal for this change.  However, I also use my mobile devices a lot, and a few of the issues noted above are a concern regarding keeping things in sync, but I'll have to wait and see.  

OK, found my first problem.  Search seems to ignore notebooks.  Search is returning items from all notebooks that match.  That is going to be a major headache. Update: this is not true:(It appears I can use tags to work around this. ) Need to go back and reread all of this to see if there is a solution regarding tag selection.

OK, I'm ready to go cry.  My saved searches return ridiculous results.  I have a lot of notes added by email to my default folder using external automation (IFTTT, Zapier, Google Alerts, automatic forward from gmail, etc.).  I then do a maintenance process on that folder every day, trashing stuff I don't want, reading or filing stuff I do want.  I use many saved searches for certain content types that I recieve.  Now, those searches seem to be returning notes from my entire set of saved notes.  Here is an eample search:

58c021835974c_20170308Evernoteissues1.jpg.1a86f83befffdeebcb496ed5d264d6b1.jpg

The problem is:  only 7 of these are actually in the notebook "aa-Work in Process":

58c021877184f_20170308Evernoteissues2.jpg.b0fce5f836b0bd114799b9cb6125c9c5.jpg

I tried assigning a tag to everything in my "aa-Work in Process" folder, and using that tag in the searches, and that works.  So, it appears the notebook:"aa-Work in Process" is the part that's not working, even though it shows in the results that it is used to filter.  I believe this is a real bug but feel free to tell me a good workaround and I'll put my bottle of gin back in the liquor cabinet...

FYI, I unchecked "Automatically select child tags" which had no effect on this issue.  The only tag item selected in the Options-->Navigation is "Close Tag Picker when selection is made"

• Level 5
1 hour ago, eafpres said:

OK, found my first problem.  Search seems to ignore notebooks.  Search is returning items from all notebooks that match.  That is going to be a major headache. Update: this is not true:(It appears I can use tags to work around this. ) Need to go back and reread all of this to see if there is a solution regarding tag selection.

Could not repro this here: server side search (which is used when the search scope includes any partially synced notes) appears to correctly filter search results according to the currently selected notebooks and tags. Would it be possible to provide more details on how to reproduce the problem?

1 hour ago, kvitekp said:

Could not repro this here: server side search (which is used when the search scope includes any partially synced notes) appears to correctly filter search results according to the currently selected notebooks and tags. Would it be possible to provide more details on how to reproduce the problem?

Well, the two screen captures were the repro.  But here it is:

1) Windows 10, running current (beta) 6.5.3.4452

2) Changed setting to use On-demand sync yesterday

3) Previosuly backed up dB from Databases (i.e., eafpres.exb was moved) after logout

4) Logged back in, cursory review looked OK

5) Today, went to my notebook "aa-Work in Process"

6) Ran an existing saved search: notebook:"aa-Work in Process" linkedin

7) There are 7 notes in that notebook that match the search

8) Search returns 1212 items from many different notebooks in my setup

9) Search shows the scope is notebook:"aa-Work in Process"

10) Manually entering same search gives same results

12) Tried tags and they work--i.e. if I tag notes in aa-Work in Process, then use that tag as part of the search, it is limiting to notes with those tags

• Level 5

@eafpres The problem is identified and fixed. Thank you for reporting! Please let me know if you'd like to get an updated pre-release build to verify the fix.

Problem description: if a Saved Search that filters notes by a notebook is executed against a search scope that includes any partially synced notes, the notebook filter is ignored and notes from other notebooks are added to the search results set. This only affects Saved Searches, explicit notebook selection works as expected.

8 minutes ago, kvitekp said:

This only affects Saved Searches, explicit notebook selection works as expected.

Please note this is not the case for me:

Performing the search, initially I get something like the correct result:

58c0677129671_20170308Evernoteissues4.thumb.jpg.032c2e8d85b4d0481ec481986b7a99ef.jpg

19 minutes ago, eafpres said:

Please note this is not the case for me:

Performing the search, initially I get something like the correct result:

This is similar to my report earlier in this thread and to customer service, except mine doesn't not include a notebook. I get what looks like the correct results and then a couple of seconds later a bunch of non-relevant items populate the results page.

EvernoteSearchFilmOfTheDay.jpg

19 hours ago, jefito said:

Two bugs / issues noted:

There's a mismatch between the tool tray icon menu item "Clip screenshot" and the corresponding entry in the Evernote shortcut keys dialog, which says "Capture screen". 

Not sure if this is addressed, but Win 10 installations should avoid setting the Clip screenshot shortcut key wi Win+PrtScr, which appears to be overriden by Windows for its own screen capture functionality.

That default has changed. It is now Win+Shift+S

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, eafpres said:

Here is the compare between web & windows, after a sync:

Any idea what the right number is?  

I've had issues with iPad and iPhone not matching other platforms in search results, but web and windows have always matched, though not with on demand sync engaged.

26 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Any idea what the right number is?  

The right number is something around 9, depending on when I did the compare.  

I have not tried on my iPad and iPhone; first I want to get the main platform I use to work...

2 hours ago, eafpres said:

@kveitkp:  I would welcome the chance to test another version.  Please note my response above, though.

Thank you for the responsiveness on this--incredible support.

For some reason, although the Windows client is returning mainly the correct results, there are 2 notes the search retrns there not in the web search.  One is in another notebook.  I think that may be an anomaly / legacy--i.e. something got corrupted and is stuck there.  However, Windows returns on valid result that web does not.  I'll continue to monitor and see if new items are handled correctly.  Thanks for this latest updat!

58c08b77da666_20170308Evernoteissues6.thumb.jpg.5051416b9d7a1e52132b3c859fff892e.jpg58c08b7942a30_20170308Evernoteissues5.thumb.jpg.d97de3ad45d7d14f629d9b8da2cb7cd4.jpg

Good morning!  I found a bug today.  Searches within a notebook 58c17d2ecabab_20170309Evernoteissues7.thumb.jpg.86e30582d57b002a55dddb057f0ddc3d.jpgreturning delted notes  BTW, I like the feature showing the deleted status and restore button.  But I don't think the search shown should be retrieving them.  There are two in this search; the one at the bottom which is from another notebook

• Level 5*

Whew, did I miss a lot. LOVE WHAT'S COMING! Selective notebook sync has been a fantasy of mine ever since I bootcamped Windows 10 onto my 256GB MacBook Pro. Cannot wait for this. Sadly I already spent 3 days downloading my EN database onto my Windows side, but I'm going to fix that as soon as I get home and free up some space. Woo!

Bug though, using Windows 7. Seems copy/paste keyboard shortcuts don't want to work on images. Using the right-click context menu is the only way to get them into notes. 

1. Have image in note (in my case, often screenshots)
  2. Highlight and hit CTRL+C, or even right-click and select Copy
  3. Create new note
  4. Click into note so there's a blinky line
  5. Hit CTRL+V. For me, it doesn't work.
  6. Right click → Paste works every time.

Unf!

10 hours ago, eafpres said:

I found a bug today.  Searches within a notebook returning delted notes  BTW, I like the feature showing the deleted status and restore button.  But I don't think the search shown should be retrieving them.  There are two in this search; the one at the bottom which is from another notebook

This evening the odd deleted notes in search seemed OK, until I deleted some more notes, which then appear in notebook level search.  Perhaps there is some time limit?  If this is a feature, I'd like to understand it.

• Level 5
On 3/8/2017 at 0:45 PM, lisec said:

This is similar to my report earlier in this thread and to customer service, except mine doesn't not include a notebook. I get what looks like the correct results and then a couple of seconds later a bunch of non-relevant items populate the results page.

@lisec The problem is reproduced and fixed. Thank you for reporting! Please let me know if you'd like to get the RC build to verify the fix.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, eafpres said:

This evening the odd deleted notes in search seemed OK, until I deleted some more notes, which then appear in notebook level search.  Perhaps there is some time limit?  If this is a feature, I'd like to understand it.

I believe the issues you reported are fixed. Please check the next build and let us know if there are more server-side search issues. Thank you!

• Level 5*

Today you can drag a Saved search from the Ctrl+Q (Quick search) menu, to shortcuts. Is it possible to add a drag and drop function to tags in Ctrl+Q as well, like with the tag picker?

• Level 5
9 hours ago, gustavgi said:

Today you can drag a Saved search from the Ctrl+Q (Quick search) menu, to shortcuts. Is it possible to add a drag and drop function to tags in Ctrl+Q as well, like with the tag picker?

This is a bug and it's fixed: now you can drag notebooks, tags and saved searches from the Quick Search popup.

Thank you for reporting!

Running current beta, but I've seen this before too.  Anyone know why the loss of the image occurs on occasion? It's a clipped image that I've done some markups to.   I know it's got to do with syncing and annotating the image, but having the image disappear is quite frustrating. Any 'rules of thumb' to avoid it?

en ScreenClip.png

On 3/9/2017 at 10:30 PM, kvitekp said:

I believe the issues you reported are fixed. Please check the next build and let us know if there are more server-side search issues. Thank you!

Running 6.5.4.4652 it appears that in some cases, the trashed notes remain but then go away from the active notebook.  I think it is OK for now.  The feature now seems like in gmail where you get a few seconds to reconsider an action and undo it.  I like the UI wiht the 2 buttons at top right.

Here is another issue I'm having.  A minor annoyance but does degrade my user experience.  The gist is that with On-demand sync, as I click on notes they often say "Loading...".  I noticed that after a bit, the edit toolbar appears, but not the note.  Then, selecting another note and immediately back to the previous, it is displayed.  So the display behavior is sticky--it gets stuck after loading before display.58c5d92a2e403_20170312EvernotestickynoteloadingwithOn-demandsyncrev1..thumb.jpg.53c4581d3b96b441b80523167897bf52.jpg

• Level 5

@eafpres  Could you please open the Help/Activity Log windows, click on a partially synced note so that it says "Loading...", and confirm if the note editing toolbar shows after the log says that the note has been downloaded?

/Peter

Just before the following entries, I clicked on a note (title: "International Companies to Converge at Medical Fair") and it showed Loading...  All of these entries then appeared, and the editing toolbar appeared, and nothing else.  While writing this note, some other stuff happened, but the note still did not appear, still says "Loading...".  Please see below for the additional activity.

20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving 1 note
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving note "International Companies to Converge a..."
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * note content, length=0
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=5233
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={8ae48a4a-6d91-4941-9d15-24358a97549d}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=5233
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=45797
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={881991b0-385e-490b-925a-dea2b409cf6e}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=45797
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=15271
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={404476c0-2fc6-455d-a5c1-550ad1d311f6}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=15271
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=3896
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={63c1c096-9c4d-4a03-b93c-af7d727f6fb9}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=3896
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=43
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={a20bb70f-40e4-411e-85b0-59f2f8649e7c}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=43
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=19673
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={f4e38e68-373b-46f3-a8d0-3cc70d814071}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=19673
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=11430
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={fea65808-5d2e-44b1-9850-00cf4ea90145}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=11430
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=6655
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={a1285962-e031-43b1-9aa5-c2f80eddcc84}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=6655
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=3418
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={df480a38-deb1-4966-8dc2-ed74d133f572}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=3418
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=85021
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={228c111f-442f-4b6e-91b6-9d7277d2ba85}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=85021
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=34519
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={29129573-cb51-4262-91d1-3432168a4172}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=34519
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=4042
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={87f8f677-7f69-449a-a378-b38e1ac22b8e}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=4042
20:50:31 [7128] 99% Retrieving resource, total size=2983
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * guid={c082ed5e-7bc9-4506-ab61-5435d19586f8}
20:50:31 [7128] 99% * resource data, size=2983
20:50:34 [7128] 100% Submitting a batch of 14 note calls, size=232 KB
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving note content for batched note {F6F656E1-C286-4269-8CDC-EF64D8B71EDD}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {8AE48A4A-6D91-4941-9D15-24358A97549D}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {881991B0-385E-490B-925A-DEA2B409CF6E}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {404476C0-2FC6-455D-A5C1-550AD1D311F6}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {63C1C096-9C4D-4A03-B93C-AF7D727F6FB9}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {A20BB70F-40E4-411E-85B0-59F2F8649E7C}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {F4E38E68-373B-46F3-A8D0-3CC70D814071}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {FEA65808-5D2E-44B1-9850-00CF4EA90145}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {A1285962-E031-43B1-9AA5-C2F80EDDCC84}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {DF480A38-DEB1-4966-8DC2-ED74D133F572}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {228C111F-442F-4B6E-91B6-9D7277D2BA85}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {29129573-CB51-4262-91D1-3432168A4172}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {87F8F677-7F69-449A-A378-B38E1AC22B8E}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% * retrieving batched resource {C082ED5E-7BC9-4506-AB61-5435D19586F8}
20:50:34 [7128] 100% Submitting 1 notes for writing
20:50:34 [7128] 100% Waiting for 1 base writer tasks
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Writing 1 notes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local note "International Companies to Converge a...", resource count: 13, usn=0
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * guid={F6F656E1-C286-4269-8CDC-EF64D8B71EDD}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "020748c571b8d18060237fa840c00b15", 5233 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={8AE48A4A-6D91-4941-9D15-24358A97549D}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "079924904c450aa1adc386d91add06b1", 45797 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={881991B0-385E-490B-925A-DEA2B409CF6E}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "28d35fb83676e7784856e9d82a08e66b", 15271 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={404476C0-2FC6-455D-A5C1-550AD1D311F6}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "2ffb0aabb11ebf495d79189f680c2d89", 3896 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={63C1C096-9C4D-4A03-B93C-AF7D727F6FB9}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "325472601571f31e1bf00674c368d335", 43 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={A20BB70F-40E4-411E-85B0-59F2F8649E7C}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "361684229933c269ddcb0c777710e772", 19673 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={F4E38E68-373B-46F3-A8D0-3CC70D814071}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "4d5c5ca469ddf9d97d8ce45025c3c922", 11430 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={FEA65808-5D2E-44B1-9850-00CF4EA90145}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "7ec8c74e15c95df93d15ccc188ae14fb", 6655 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={A1285962-E031-43B1-9AA5-C2F80EDDCC84}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "a55b25fae475df79343014d63fa47dca", 3418 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={DF480A38-DEB1-4966-8DC2-ED74D133F572}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "a57a2d1aa9afddc39a447af6953d56b2", 85021 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={228C111F-442F-4B6E-91B6-9D7277D2BA85}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "c4c72091216aeb6f99b0abf635cb2418", 34519 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={29129573-CB51-4262-91D1-3432168A4172}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "c6894aec7782f820f8e5245fccaeabe8", 4042 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={87F8F677-7F69-449A-A378-B38E1AC22B8E}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:34 [16792] 100% Updating local resource "e89693098446d04d7ea3cfda96dcebeb", 2983 bytes
20:50:34 [16792] 100% * rsrc={C082ED5E-7BC9-4506-AB61-5435D19586F8}, note={f6f656e1-c286-4269-8cdc-ef64d8b71edd}
20:50:35 [7128] 100% Waiting for 1 base writer tasks done

Here is what happened while writing this note:

20:53:47 [6620] Client synchronization started
20:53:47 [3624] 0% Loaded updateCount: 840830
20:53:47 [3624] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=1
20:53:47 [3624] 0% SyncState: devices used: 3
20:53:47 [3624] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 840830
20:53:47 [3624] 0% Updating user "eafpres"
20:53:47 [3624] 0% * email last verified 2016/11/23 12:49:19 (UTC-6:00)
20:53:47 [3624] 0% Retrieving cross promotion info for user "eafpres"
20:53:48 [16148] 0% Updating 2 local item styles
20:53:48 [6620] Client synchronization finished, status: complete
20:53:48 [6620] * elapsed time: 0s
20:58:48 [15716] Client synchronization started
20:58:48 [13248] 0% Loaded updateCount: 840830
20:58:48 [13248] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0
20:58:48 [13248] 0% SyncState: devices used: 3
20:58:48 [13248] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 840830
20:58:48 [13248] 0% Updating user "eafpres"
20:58:48 [13248] 0% * email last verified 2016/11/23 12:49:19 (UTC-6:00)
20:58:48 [13248] 0% Retrieving cross promotion info for user "eafpres"
20:58:48 [9428] 0% Updating 2 local item styles
20:58:48 [15716] Client synchronization finished, status: complete
21:00:10 [12840] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2017/03/12 21:00:00

Archived