Photo Captions

Riptide360

Idea

Please consider adding the ability to attach text info to photos and other graphics inserted into an Evernote.

In word processing and desktop layout apps you can easily add a photo caption to an image that moves around with the graphic.

In Microsoft OneNote you can select an image, right click on it and add a link as well as alt text which lets you give it a name and description.

In Evernote you offer the ability to annotate this image, but this is adding the text on top of the image, something that is a cool feature, but not what many folks want to do (think of a newspaper where the photo caption is at the bottom of the image and folks are trained to look for it there).

Please consider adding the ability to add a photo caption that is text that shows up centered at the bottom of the image. Please also look at letting folks add text info to the photo that is actually embedded into the photo's EXIF info and can now travel with the image (this is something photographers do to add copyright and photographer notes).

thanks,

Stephen Inoue

Fabric Roll to Bolt Transfer.png

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Riptide360 said:

Please consider adding the ability to attach text info to photos and other graphics inserted into an Evernote.

Why not simply type under the photo - is there much benefit in attaching it to the photo

I also like to insert my photos in a table.  It allows me to center the text under the photo,  place photos in a grid ...

Your table idea is good.  Thanks.

The purpose of photo captions is to keep the text with the photo when you move it around. This is a common grouping feature in desktop layout programs. I like to use Evernote to write research and technical papers where keeping the photo tied to the caption is important for referencing the correct item.  I can imaging for folks adding info assigned to a photo (like who is in the photo, or what the photo is showing) would also want the ability to add a photo caption. Most Newspapers use the feature to give the photo journalist credit.

Archived