Recognise bookmarks and clippings you've already tagged

psketcher

Idea

Hello,

Wouldn't it be great if Evernote could recognise bookmarks and clippings you've already tagged and made notes on?!

Also via the Firefox addon button - let's say I'm on a webpage and I've added it as a bookmark to Evernote - but I've forgotten to add a few extra notes after viewing the rest of the webpage. Now, if I click the Firefox button again, it won't recognise that I've already clipped/tagged it and I can't see what I just entered, and can't make any quick amendments to it. So so frustrating...

When I click the add-on again, I'd like to be able to make a few more additional notes real quickly, instead of having to go into Evernote and find the note, to make additional notes on that clipping.

What else is possible..?!

Thanks!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you've already clipped and annotated a page to save it as a note,  why wouldn't you open that saved note to add more comments? 

Evernote has no way to tell whether you want to edit what you already clipped,  or want to clip different sections of the page - and it would slow and complicate clipping if Evernote needs to do more checks including asking you: "Clip more content from this page or edit remarks?" each time...

Because it's not an intuitive process nor a one click process. It needs to be one click.

And I don't expect Evernote to "know" that I want to edit the note. Of course not. But I do expect it to recognise that it's already been clipped (by me simply clicking on the Firefox button again whilst on that page) - which would be a super quick and super intuitive one-click way to go back into it and edit it :)

It needs to be easy. Quick easy and intuitive. Right now it isn't. There is a lot of room for making it more intuitive and simple.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CHFmunich said:

do you recognize every page you ever visited, or "saved / clipped"?

Of course not.  I duplicate clips from time to time,  but if it's in a subject that I'm interested or active in,  one of my routine searches is going to throw up a list with one or more notes containing clips of the same web page.  If that happens I delete the duplicates.  Takes me a few minutes at worst.  Premium users have -effectively- unlimited space to save information,  so there's no benefit for me in taking a few seconds longer on every. single. search. to save a couple of minutes work every few months.  Just my opinion.