Super slow cv8.0.4

Mdd

Idea

I am having numerous issues since 'so-called-update'. Why do they give half baked updates. Who is pushing them to issue updates in a hurry. Its funny.. one of the most popular app still having such serious quality issues

their support also_ does not bother to respond now a days.. I have 3 support tickets pending and there is no response after a 'please wait' auto responder reply

Taking cue from  posts here have reinstalled... Have done so several times in past few years. Each time have to download thousands of notes.. this time nearly 5000 notes for offline use.. again.. using my data quota.. Which EVERNOTE does not have to pay..

The other day could not open my itinerary at Tokyo airport at checkin counter.. imagine what kind of high tech fool they made me look like.. flashing new sexy ipad pro... but unable to poride airline booking code...

so so frustrated i.. Then had to open my laptop.. Luckily the images were fine on the mac

Images explaining what happened attached

IMG_0379.PNG

IMG_0380.PNG

IMG_0381.PNG

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote autoresponds immediately to support requests with a ticket number,  but at the best of times it will take a day or three for a 'real' human to get involved.  There's been some issues with the latest iOS update lately so I'd expect that to add a day or two more.  If you're a premium of business subscriber it's possible to use the Chat feature for quicker results,  or there's a Twitter address @EvernoteHelps - though that has the same caveat as a normal support ticket.  Things are a little busy right now,  but they will get back to you.  Meantime if you list your issues here,  maybe someone can offer fixes or work-arounds.

Can't comment on the speed issues - though having so many notes downloaded to the phone may be part of the problem.  Maybe other IOS users here can comment...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Mdd said:

Each time have to download thousands of notes.. this time nearly 5000 notes for offline use.. again

I have the same problem with offline Notebooks being slow to download.

As you noted, V8 is a new version with issues - Evernote is issuing hot fix patches
You may not want to use such a large offline base until a more stable release is issued.

I recommend until this version gets stable, just download selected notes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Mdd said:

Hope Evernote will be more careful in releasing newer versions.

A good thought, but as users we have to deal with the reality

Its better to hold back on upgrades and review the feedback, particularly on version 0 releases.  On Mac/Window, software is clearly labeled as beta, use at own risk

My current project is a 1 month review of v8 before implemention on work devices.  I'm also in a project to review the new Mac version

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Mdd said:

I am having numerous issues since 'so-called-update'. Why do they give half baked updates. Who is pushing them to issue updates in a hurry

I don't know the story; but clearly its an early release and we haven't seen the final product yet.

In the release notes, they identified outstanding items

What's coming soon:
  • Context and related notes
  • 3D Touch Peek and Pop for note lists
  • Note list scrubber - ability to quickly move through long note lists
  • Enhanced (native) business card notes
  • View tags in note list - formerly on iPad only - we plan to bring the option to iPhone and iPad
  • Reminders enhancements

Speed and lag Issues continue

Ive been an Evernote user for 9 years, premium since inception.  

Uninstall and reinstall did nothing 

corresponded with EN tech support and their only advice was hopefully we'll be able to update and improve on these performance issues... 

onenote's easy migration is luring many folks (my friends and family) away from EN due to this issue. 

Matt 

Archived