Autocomplete Values for Search Operators tag: and notebook:

When I use the search operators tag: or -tag: I would like to see a list of all tags appear in a dropdown box. As I start to type the dropdown box should dynamically update to show only tags starting with the characters I typed so far helping me to specify the correct tags or select them from the dropdown box.

When I use the search operators notebook: I would like to see a list of all notebooks appear in a dropdown box. As I start to type the dropdown box should dynamically update to show only notebooks starting with the characters I typed so far helping me to specify the correct notebook or select them from the dropdown box.

The same feature would potentially be useful for search operators resource:, source:, and todo:.

Thanks for your reply csihilling and for your up-vote!

You are right Shift+Alt+T on Windows is a convenient way to add several tags as a search criteria. I would find it more "natural" if I could just type tag: inside the search field and would be presented with a similar selection / dropdown box directly where I type. It would also be great if the feature would be implemented consistently across Windows and macOS.

In addition, it would be great if -tag:, or notebook: and would be supported.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived