How to insert normal text below a codeblock?

Have inserted at the end of my note, a code block. The furthest my cursor can be is at the end of the word `banks`. If I press enter, i continue in code mode. How can I insert normal text below that code block?

I cannot use either my mouse to click, double-click, triple-click below the code block and I also tried ctrl-enter, alt-enter, shift-enter, but nothing works. The only solution I have found so far is to cut the whole code block, insert plenty of new lines then carfully paste the previously cut text way above the last new line character. 

2017-02-04_10-47-27.png

2 hours ago, Canard said:

Have inserted at the end of my note, a code block. The furthest my cursor can be is at the end of the word `banks`. If I press enter, i continue in code mode. How can I insert normal text below that code block?

I cannot use either my mouse to click, double-click, triple-click below the code block and I also tried ctrl-enter, alt-enter, shift-enter, but nothing works. The only solution I have found so far is to cut the whole code block, insert plenty of new lines then carfully paste the previously cut text way above the last new line character. 

2017-02-04_10-47-27.png

What if use the down arrow key?

ok so, try to just delete that empty line. Your cursor will go back to the end of the last char in the Code Block. If you press the down arrow the cursor won't work. It is at least what I notice on my Windows 10 Evernote v6.4.2.3788 (303788)

Here are the steps:

1. Click on new note
  2. Ctrl + Shift + L (creates a Code Block)
  3. Arrow down (my cursor moves to the line below the Code Block
  4. Delete (the cursor goes back to the empty Code Block
  5. Arrow down (the cursor is still at the end of the Code Block et it is not possible to insert normal text after it). 
2 hours ago, Canard said:

How can I insert normal text below that code block?

I'm confused. I thought this is what you're trying to do.

7 minutes ago, Canard said:

Here are the steps:

1. Click on new note
  2. Ctrl + Shift + L (creates a Code Block)
  3. Arrow down (my cursor moves to the line below the Code Block
  4. Delete (the cursor goes back to the empty Code Block
  5. Arrow down (the cursor is still at the end of the Code Block et it is not possible to insert normal text after it). 

First off, I'm on a Mac, but I'm not sure that makes a difference as far as this is concerned. My first question is, given what you want to do, why are you not inserting text in the code block before you arrow down in step 3.? It makes no difference on my mac whether you have text in the code block or not, but just curious. In step 5., when I arrow down, the cursor moves to the line below the code block. What happens if you insert text in the code block and then arrow down?

If that still doesn't work, I've seen some text editors require you to use the keyboard shortcut again in order to escape from the code block. I would test that, but we only have an icon and clicking it again doesn't escape the block.

37 minutes ago, Canard said:

Delete (the cursor goes back to the empty Code Block

I guess I didn't focus on this step, but by doing this you're deleting the line that you could arrow down to aren't you?

11 minutes ago, Canard said:

Indeed, by deleting the empty line I delete my only chance to arrow down. This often happens by accident and the only workaround involve a cut/paste. 

Great, you got it. I should have said earlier that you proved you could get below the code block in your step 3. The delete was sabotaging you.

Cheers.

Archived