REQUEST: Add Notes to Cards

ThirdWish

Idea

I love Scannable and use it all the time. However, looking back at the business cards I've scanned, I often have no idea who the person is or where I met them. I really wish there were a way to take notes on business cards as I scan them in - for instance, "introduce David to John" or "will be at next month's event". Tags really don't cover this.

Thanks for taking feedback!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you looked at Evernote iOS or Android?  Scannable is a quick and easy scanning solution - it's not meant to be a note-taking or contact management app.  The main software has more or less the same camera features,  and if you wish you can add extra notes on an event,  location or person.  As long as the business card note and the added details note both have the same name in them somewhere,  a search for 'John Smith'  will find both.

Thanks for the reply, gazumped! I would love to be able to comment on the notes in Evernote, but as long as they were submitted through Scannable, I am unable to comment on or expand the note at all. (Scannable inputted notes are locked, and can't be altered.) I don't believe it's possible to add extra notes on an event or person, as you suggested. If I'm wrong, please tell me how!

• Level 5*

The notes in Scannable presumably have a title along the lines of "Business Card - John Smith" - is it possible to copy that title into a new Evernote note and add details there?  A search for John Smith should then at least turn up both notes... 

Archived