Annoying change... and loss of productivity

rsqunit

Idea

An editor change was made in the latest versions of the Mac client that is really annoying and causing productivity loss.

In order to add a new line to a list, with the same indent, but without creating a new list item, everywhere else on the Mac (all Apps and the OS), the default way is to hit SHIFT-ENTER.  Works like this in the browsers in this editor box as well...

This is exactly how Evernote used to be as well.

However, this has now been changed to CONTROL-ENTER in the latest versions.

I edit a lot of documents in Evernote and use this all the time for formatting, so it is really annoying.  Why the change?  

Perhaps this was an oversight in the development cycle when the editor was updated.  I contacted support and they verified that in older versions the process was to use SHIFT-ENTER.

Can you make this go back to the normal keys to match everything else on the Mac?

Thanks!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, rsqunit said:

Can you make this go back to the normal keys to match everything else on the Mac?

Shift-Enter works in the latest release 6.11 Beta 1

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, rsqunit said:

How long are the minor release beta cycles usually?

Sorry - no estimate

It's got to be this way; it takes as long as it takes
- we don't want to rush the process unless there's a major issue

On 2/2/2017 at 9:40 AM, rsqunit said:

An editor change was made in the latest versions of the Mac client that is really annoying and causing productivity loss.

In order to add a new line to a list, with the same indent, but without creating a new list item, everywhere else on the Mac (all Apps and the OS), the default way is to hit SHIFT-ENTER.  Works like this in the browsers in this editor box as well...

This is exactly how Evernote used to be as well.

However, this has now been changed to CONTROL-ENTER in the latest versions.

I edit a lot of documents in Evernote and use this all the time for formatting, so it is really annoying.  Why the change?  

Perhaps this was an oversight in the development cycle when the editor was updated.  I contacted support and they verified that in older versions the process was to use SHIFT-ENTER.

Thanks!

Archived