Become Premium without being aware??

DukeJa

I have been Evernote Basic user and recently learned that I need to limit to 2 machines, so I have been Basic (free) user with two machines thereafter.  A few days ago, I was trying out a new software on a new PC.  In order to test if that software can talk to Evernote via Note Link, I forgot about the 2 machine limitation and install EN on this new machine.  The installation looks normal as usual, and I have never been asked about paying fee to be premium user at all.  Today, I accidentally find out that I have become a EN Premium user (because of 3 machines now).  I quickly deactivate the 3rd machine and hope that this will not incur any charge to me.

So I wonder if anyone has similar situation and I still cannot figure out how it could happen.   Also, I would like to check if there is anyway to prevent such event.  I do not want to become a premium user yet.

Thank you so much for your help!!

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, DukeJa said:

I quickly deactivate the 3rd machine and hope that this will not incur any charge to me

If you haven't given a credit card #, I can guarantee you won't be charged

This may be the program where Evernote gave Basic accounts a free month of Premium access so they could sort out there devices.  It would have worked better if they had informed the users

Archived