Shortcut and the Note it represented, have vanished:

A very important note that I had in Shorcuts has up and vanished.

when I say vanished, I mean its completely gone. Not in Trash, history, or anywhere else in my EN account.

Thankfully I have a 4-5 day old version of this note on my laptop and I quickly cut the wifi on it and copy and pasted the note and stored it in a Word doc.

I searched for specific words that are only in that note and nothing is coming up.

How is this even possible? If I accidentally deleted it, it would show up on my Trash folder. I RARELY if ever delete my trash.

I emailed EN Customer Service about it so it should get resolved but this scares the ***** outta me.

Anyone have any ideas? 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Kwitel said:

this scares the ***** outta me.

Have you thought about implementing a backup strategy

I haven't had any problems but I know I can retrieve a missing note from my my backups.  My notes can be accessed if Evernote becomes unavailable

Each night, I export changed notes to a cloud drive.  I use html format

There are various alternatives for automating this; I use Applescript on my Mac

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Have you thought about implementing a backup strategy

I haven't had any problems but I know I can retrieve a missing note from my my backups

Each night, I export changed notes to a cloud drive.  I use html format

Sad to say, I have not.

You dot hat manually every night. Isnt that a bit time consuming?

I have exported each Notebook one by one as ENEX files (to both an external HD and the cloud) but I think I need to find a way to have this done automatically, daily.

I have heard good things about Backupery?

It just boggles my mind that this note is gone without a trace...

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Kwitel said:

I have heard good things about Backupery?

Backupery is one of the alternatives I know of; As I said, my process is automated on my Mac with Applescript - it's completely hands off

Archived