Move Placement of Search Field on Macintosh version of Evernote Application

Cordell

Idea

In the Macintosh Evernote application the search field needs to be moved over above where the notes are listed. (see attached file) 

1) As you are typing into the Search Field in the extreme upper-right hand side of the window...you have to move your eyes back and forth between the search field and the list of notes.  This results in wasted movement going back and forth between different parts of the Evernote application.

2) This interface enhancement would match the same interface design of the Windows PC version of Evernote. (I use both versions of Evernote daily). If you use the Windows version you will find that the ability to search (the search field is directly above the list of notes, in the middle of the main application window) and quickly see the results of the search are more fluid because you can very quickly see the results without having to move your eyes significantly around the window.

Search Field on iMac.png

3 replies to this idea

6 hours ago, Cordell said:

In the Macintosh Evernote application the search field needs to be moved over above where the notes are listed.

If you right click in the toolbar (or select View>Customize toolbar from the menu) you have the ability to move the search field to where you prefer it. I just rearranged mine to place it where I think you want yours.

.Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 8.06.25 AM.png

Archived