Default Text Size is so small it makes Pluto look like a Planet again

Jonathan Michael Copeland

Idea

Hi Evernote Team 

Firstly, love the new version. It's the Millennium Falcon of updates; However, even the Falcon had a few quirks... 

I find it annoying that I have to keep changing my text size from small to medium. I think it's safe to assume that most users would prefer to have a default of medium/regular, than to open up and type in micro font everyday.

Can we have Medium text size as a default, or at least a way to set the default?

"Just do it" - Shia LaBeouf

13 replies to this idea

I agree. But I will also note that people have complained about small fonts/lack of control of fonts for ages, but apparently this just isn't anything Evernote sees as important. Maybe too many eagle eyed developers who don't understand why someone would want a larger font. I'll also point out that iOS has a built in feature for setting font size, Dynamic Type, which Evernote continues to ignore.

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-27 at 11:08 AM, Bob in NV said:

people have complained about small fonts/lack of control of fonts for ages, but apparently this just isn't anything Evernote sees as important.

The latest version (8) has the addition of a small/medium/large font size

On 1/27/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jonathan Michael Copeland said:

Hi Evernote Team 

Firstly, love the new version. It's the Millennium Falcon of updates; However, even the Falcon had a few quirks... 

I find it annoying that I have to keep changing my text size from small to medium. I think it's safe to assume that most users would prefer to have a default of medium/regular, than to open up and type in micro font everyday.

Can we have Medium text size as a default, or at least a way to set the default?

"Just do it" - Shia LaBeouf

Yes, Evernote should consider having setting option to set default font. For me it would be LARGE!

On 1/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, DTLow said:

The latest version (8) has the addition of a small/medium/large font size

I thought the small/medium/large settings only affected the size of the note view in the notes list, like Side list, Snippet, and Card Views do in the Mac app.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, jim.g said:

I thought the small/medium/large settings only affected the size of the note view in the notes list,

That and the size of the image I think in the note list, if you Show images there.

14 minutes ago, csihilling said:

That and the size of the image I think in the note list, if you Show images there.

I think that's right, and if you select Show body text, more text will show as you go from Small to Large. If you don't have either Show images or Show body text checked, then the size of the note is the same regardless of which small/medium/large setting you choose.

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, jim.g said:

I thought the small/medium/large settings only affected the size of the note view in the notes list, like Side list, Snippet, and Card Views do in the Mac app.

IMG_1537.PNG

Archived