Evernote v8.0.3 for iOS Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

Thank you for your continued feedback. We released v8.0.3 a short time ago to address several top issues including the crash on launch issue that many users were facing after updating from v7.x.

After v8.0.2 was released, we realized that the app was crashing before the crash data was getting to us - so while we fixed our top known crasher, we unfortunately hadn't fixed the crash on launch that was affecting many users in the Evernote Community. After getting some crash logs directly off of devices from some affected users, we have fixed an issue with upgrading from v7 to v8 that affected many users that would not happen for those who deleted and reinstalled the app. 

What's fixed in 8.0.3:

• Fix for crash on launch affecting many users
  • Note list sort by Title is now using the correct sort order
  • Notebooks in Stacks (in Shortcuts list) are now using the correct sort order
  • Tapping on a Stack in Shortcuts now opens a note list with all the notes in the Stack
  • Regular View: Tapping any note in the note list of search results no longer jumps to the first note
  • Searching from the Notes tab highlights search results in note editor
  • Searching from the Notes tab by tag no longer shows notes in the Trash
  • Duplicating notes with ink images allows modifications to the duplicated ink image
  • Updates to Reminders no longer change updated date
  • Imported file from document picker should be placed at the cursor
  • Offline notebooks progress bar is shown in recent notebooks section
  • Offline search banner disappears when connection re-established
  • Highlighted text is now synced properly
  • 'Add Notes' field of Biz Card note no longer goes away after deleting its content
  • Many other bug and crash fixes

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

What's driving me crazy with this new release is that it keeps asking me to sign into my itunes account. I have to put in my password. ugh!!

Also, I detest the fact that you took away the ability to scroll down my notes with the alphabet on the side, so i could tap down to the "s" notes, for example. This has severely slowed down the efficiency of the app. New releases should not TAKE AWAY functionality, it should ADD to it.

On 1/26/2017 at 8:42 PM, Curado Kev said:

Twot items:

1) Always asking for password as noted above on Iphone 6

2) I can't stand the "red indicators" but the new Evernote has 1 indicator "red circle" - been trying to get rid of it for 5 days - HOW !!! ??

Thanks 

Curado...

Everyone is getting the same issue with the requests for iTunes passwords.

For your notification issue, I suggest opening EN and selecting the Notebook drop down. Select "Reminders" and then open the reminder that has a present or past due date. This may clear your notification.

PMN

3 hours ago, wrentidwell said:

What's driving me crazy with this new release is that it keeps asking me to sign into my itunes account. I have to put in my password. ugh!!

Also, I detest the fact that you took away the ability to scroll down my notes with the alphabet on the side, so i could tap down to the "s" notes, for example. This has severely slowed down the efficiency of the app. New releases should not TAKE AWAY functionality, it should ADD to it.

May I recommend rephrasing your comment and adding it as a "returning feature request" in the appropriate forum?

Evernote still has its head in the sand.  This is a MAJOR problem.  Search doesn't work.  Missing notes.  Extremely slow.  Asks for iTunes password every launch.  Those are just the functional problems.  The new layout with the hidden menu for tag searches is baffling.  Can't they just listen and give us the good old app back.  The new version is a huge failure. Paying customers should not be drafted as beta testers and kept waiting for supposed bug fixes.  It isn't just "buggy."  The whole thing is a disaster. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, FireManTTSOM said:

The password issue is insane.  I'm looking for a replacement.  This is stupid....dont have time for this.  

Replacement for iTunes?   :)

Asking for feedback and not responding to 5 pages of detailed and mostly friendly input is a way of communicating that I find strange. 

Why does Evernote run this forum and ask for feedback and then not give any answers? A simple statement like: "we have understood the problem and are working on it" would be sufficient. 

I am using Evernote professionally and always thought EN is run by professionals. This communication strategy is not.

I have recommended EN to a lot of people in the past. I will stop doing this after reading this thread. 

Wow - I am so glad I am not alone ...

evernote must have some incredible social media team - because by reading and searching twitter and the web - you'd think this was the perfect update.

I just lost week of work, and a dozen hours of productivity time from the recent updates.

in the past 24 hours ...  

- the app become unresponsive for 60 seconds or more, at a time ....  (ie ... swipe ... wait wait wait ... then it scrolls.  Tap ... wait wait ... ah there's the text).  The joke is when support asks me for a video (video would be 50 gig if I had to record the bouts of unresposniveness)

- cut and paste - sometimes it works sometimes not.

- and today, after editing a note. And closeting the app... when I reopened - evernote uunformatted the entire note  -- so I'l have to spend an hour recovering it.

(and all this was after a fresh install of evernote!)

On 8.04, IOS 10.2.1, iPhone 7plus

• requests apple ID on every start up of EN
  • auto mode to capture docs works occassionally (used to work every time)

EN these are serious productivity issues that are core. Combined with other complaints from long time users and it points to a big problem. Conversely, I keep hearing much positive from users of OneNote. I am dabbling with it now. I'd rather not learn a new tool. If I  was a freemium user, I would live with it, but I'm paying Premium for both a personal and work account. EN team you are making the tool less functional and stable. More features are not always better.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, FireManTTSOM said:

I can only imagine how much of their customer base has left.

I don't know exact numbers, but I recall user counts over 200 million
Some of these actually pay for the service

>>I too will be switching to OneNote.

Good Bye, Good Luck

I'm continuing as an Evernote user
If/when I switch products, OneNote would not be my choice

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, richfbrown said:

I am also getting very frequent requests for AppleId password on iPhone and iPad. 

V8.0.3 is history and we're at v8.0.4

Evernote acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix.  I'm expecting it to be resolved with the next release

I am deleting my account - the updates, the crashes, the repeated need for my iTunes password - today was the last straw - it crashed during in important presentation - I reloaded it later in the day - now I get friggin pop ups every time I click on a note to try the Presentation Mode and use Google Drive - and it will NOT go away.

I've been a long time user - but you guys ruined a good app

On 1/26/2017 at 2:51 PM, hernanballesteros said:

Really... I do not know what the REAL benefits of these "updates" are. I mean from 8.0 update. The "speed" is not as they say ... In fact, there are multiple complaints about Evernote behaving slower. The so-called "simplicity" and "quickness" to create a note, is not what they say: In Version 7.18.1, in iOS, I can create a note (audio, reminder, etc.) EVEN without entering the application (iPhone, 3D Touch); entering the application, I can also create WITH A SINGLE CLICK any type of notes. They have suppressed the Presentation option, making it HARDERLY MORE DIFFICULT to read on an iPhone without that option (when it becomes necessary to use that option); deleted the Home Screen and now, at least to me, it was difficult (with the 8.0 and following updates) to find my notes. With Home Screen, I can see ALL OPTIONS and I can decide which one to enter (Shortcuts, Notes, Notebook, Tags, etc.). Also Search (in V. 7.18.1) works PERFECTLY. Words are highlighted without problems when searching and also WITHIN the note (before the 8.0 update). In the old version (which is the one I use, since I could upgrade), I never had (nor do I have now) synchronization problems; I do not have problems regarding "disappear" notes. Finally, the so-called "simplicity", I insist, is not as they say: when I open Evernote, I have a quick overview of all my notes and all the options (as I already said). I think I would upgrade to a new version if Evernote gave me the option to have those features (Home Screen, Presentation, etc.) AGAIN, so that I can CHOOSE how I want to configure Evernote: in the "old" or in the "modern" way.

Despite all my complaints, I will continue with my Evernote subscription because I LOVE Evernote, but IN THE "OLD" version 7.18.1.

Thank you for letting me have a free opinion in this space and for not censoring my criticisms.

I agree version 7 was much more functional and performed better than 8 which is now only a "pretty" capture tool. Very disappointed 

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, It's me, why do you want said:

version 7 was much more functional

Can you add more detail as to the functional changes

Archived