Link Back to Email

davtms

Idea

I love that I can send emails to Evernote, but is there a way to link back to the original email (within Gmail or Outlook, etc) to make responding to my contacts faster and easier? Right now I dig through my inbox or archive to find the original email. If there was a way to just go straight to the email it would save TONS of time. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, davtms said:

I love that I can send emails to Evernote, but is there a way to link back to the original email (within Gmail or Outlook, etc) to make responding to my contacts faster and easier? Right now I dig through my inbox or archive to find the original email. If there was a way to just go straight to the email it would save TONS of time. 

Evernote is my mail archive and I don't store mail in my mail services.

I sync my mail to Evernote using a script on my Mac; I used to use an app (Evermail) but the script lets me configure the note as I want it.  Both methods include a url link back to the original mail

In my note, I include as attachments the original email, in eml and PDF formats

For those of us that aren't computer programmers and just want to click a link to go back to email, have you come across an easy option for that? I don't care much about adjusting the email once it's in Evernote. Just looking for a way to take me back to Gmail or Outlook so I can respond to the email chain. 

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, davtms said:

just want to click a link to go back to email, have you come across an easy option for that?

I think this might be platform and mail client specific
I mentioned EverMail (now Mail Butler) on the Mac with Apple Mail

One point, Is the mail you want to link to stored on your device, or in the cloud

Archived