Brain *****! How to Fix Different Notebook Note Counts Between Clients?

I accidentally added a number of notes to the wrong notebook and then moved them to the correct notebook. Have been happily syncing all my clients since then but recently noticed that the note count for the "wrong" notebook is incorrect on my laptop and some notes are appearing in that notebook even though they should be in a different notebook. 

Premium Account / 4895 Total Synced Notes

Web Client - Master database, presumably all notebook counts correct. Problem notebook has 38 notes in it, all the notes in there should be in there.

Win 7 Desktop / EN 6.2.4.3244 - Note counts for all notebooks match to web client. Problem notebook has 38 notes in it, all the notes in there should be in there.

GNote 4 / Android App - Note counts for all notebooks match to web client. Problem notebook has 38 notes in it, all the notes in there should be in there.

Win 10 Laptop / EN version unknown - Problem notebook has 52 notes in it and still shows notes that I moved to a different notebook. 

I can't quite remember how to fix this but I think I want to delete the database on the laptop and then have EN rebuild it from the web. If this is correct , do I delete the entire "Databases" folder OR just the "myusername.exb" file? Or is there some other solution?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like the easiest fix will be simply to File > Exit Evernote and rename the current EXB file (which keeps it as a backup, just in case).  Restart Evernote and go make a coffee - it can take a little while...

• Level 5*

If you want to check before you reload, go to your Win10 laptop and add a dummy tag (say Temp) to the 52 notes.  Sync and then go to your other devices, sync and do a tag search for Temp.  If what you see makes sense, that is all the notes are valid other than notebook, delete the tag Temp from one of the other devices and sync again..  Back to the Win10 laptop, sync, and the problem may be fixed due to the forced syncs that were just done on the 52 notes.

Note, if you want you can tag the 14 notes on one of the other two devices with a tag representing the notebook and then sync on both sides and move the notes on the Win10 laptop if you like.  FWIW.

Archived