(Archived) help - can't sync

allic

Idea

Hi, I am trying moving from Yojimbo to evernote. I discovered I could drag all my yojimbo items over to evernote - which seemed to work fine. But now I can't sync because it seems at least one title must be too long - I get the error message - "Sorry, note titles are limited to 255 characters in length."

Now the main problem is I can't find out which title is too long - none of them appears to be excessive.

Can anyone help?

allic

3 replies to this idea

Check your log file or activity log from menu. You should see some hints from there. Most likely, it will show note title which casuing the sync problem. Then, either delete it or move it to local notebook.

Same problem here, with no notes at all to sync! I have actually deleted them all to try to get it to work.

(I just started Evernote last night. Should I stick with it? I am using a Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Recent log activity:

2010-05-25 10:00:56 0x50d6d0 [ENAppController] ERROR: Error during autosave: Error Domain=Evernote Validation Error Code=8 UserInfo=0x1997d290 "Sorry, note titles are limited to 255 characters in length."

2010-05-25 10:01:04 0x50d6d0 [ENAppController] ERROR: Error during autosave: Error Domain=Evernote Validation Error Code=8 UserInfo=0x1a530ac0 "Sorry, note titles are limited to 255 characters in length."

2010-05-25 10:01:20 0x50d6d0 [ENAppController] ERROR: Error during autosave: Error Domain=Evernote Validation Error Code=8 UserInfo=0x1220c5c0 "Sorry, note titles are limited to 255 characters in length."

:cry: B)

Thanks!

Archived