Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The new upgrade or whatever you did is a disaster. The app lags, the interface is horrible, the app crashes, and I cant even sort by notebook? I never had any performance issues with Evernote prior to this update. What happened to not fixing what is not broken? It seems like many others are having similar issues so I hope you can fix this soon as many of us don't want to waste our time posting here to complain.

By the way, it is impossible to figure out how to contact any of you. You actually want me to pay for a broken service to have the privilege of emailing someone that can help me?  

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Anthony569 said:

By the way, it is impossible to figure out how to contact any of you. You actually want me to pay for a broken service to have the privilege of emailing someone that can help me?  

Their Twitter support is excellent. See my sig below.

Share this post


Link to post

Could not disagree more EdH. I don't consider a boiler-plate/non-technical/non-helpfull response to a obvious coding bug a week and a half later, excellent. Even by Microsoft standards that's pretty much suck. They did this to themselves by releasing a product into the wild that had no business being there. Bugs of the stature that we have seen in this v8 release should have never made it out of the beta team.

-EM

Share this post


Link to post

Again, the issue was finally fixed not only by reinstalling but revoking all devices and signing back in. 

Since then the iPad version has been working fine.

note, this tip came from this forum NOT from tech support, so no credit to Evernote for being helpful.

i can't help wondering.... I was opposed to their involvement with Google, I had a feeling something would go pear shaped. Maybe I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, tassiecelt said:

I was opposed to their involvement with Google, I had a feeling something would go pear shaped.

Well that just explains everything  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, beaker353 said:

Could not disagree more EdH. I don't consider a boiler-plate/non-technical/non-helpfull response to a obvious coding bug a week and a half later, excellent. Even by Microsoft standards that's pretty much suck. They did this to themselves by releasing a product into the wild that had no business being there. Bugs of the stature that we have seen in this v8 release should have never made it out of the beta team.

-EM

I didn't mean to infer the solution implemented via Twitter was an excellent decision. I meant to infer the people that man the @EvernoteHelps account were, in my experience, top notch.

Given you aren't paying for the product, I don't think you have a huge platform to stand on to complain that their support mechanism isn't up to your standards. Support is one of the more costly things technology companies have.

 

Share this post


Link to post

EdH, you would be incorrect. I've been top level paying member for going on 4 years. I wouldn't be putting up a stink if the features I was paying for worked as advertised. Be careful what you assume.

-EM

Share this post


Link to post

If the features you're paying for aren't working,  I'd recommend sticking with the support team and getting through the 'boiler plate' checks patiently.  It's standard with any support case to check all the obvious and boring minor issues first and save the root and branch rewrites until there's obviously no other possible alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, beaker353 said:

EdH, you would be incorrect. I've been top level paying member for going on 4 years. I wouldn't be putting up a stink if the features I was paying for worked as advertised. Be careful what you assume.

-EM

I didn't assume anything. 

Quote

You actually want me to pay for a broken service to have the privilege of emailing someone that can help me?  

Seems if you are paying you would know how to get support in your account.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing then you are a Evernote fan-boy. "Evernote can not do wrong", right? 

Getting in communication with support/development and the support/development  having half a cue are two VERY different things. I have four easily reproducible bug tickets currently unresolved. One of those goes back to late July 2016 (ticket #1746790 if anyone cares). It's likely some combination of incompetence, simply not enough support/development staff for the workload, and apathetic staff. I've worked on both the support and development side of software and hardware so I know standards that can be met if a company is motivated to make it a priority for their users. These days it seems public shaming, like this forum, is the most effective way to motivate a company to take care of their dirty laundry. And I will continue to make a fuss until they start making product stability a priority over adding features. Features draw users in at a much slower rate than major functional bugs will drive them away.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, beaker353 said:

I'm guessing then you are a Evernote fan-boy

That's me - I am an Apple and Evernote fan-boy

This is a user discussion forum but we're happy to help user's with issues

Was there something specific we can help you with?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...