(REGRESSION BUG) Unable to select multiple blank lines using keyboard

Hi,

I'm using the newest version of Evernote for Mac and have been experiencing this issue since an unknown update a couple months ago.  The gist of the issue is that when I start on a blank line and try to blank select lines above/below using Shift + Up/Down , nothing happens. This really breaks my workflow as almost every other text editor supports this functionality, including this text box I'm typing in now!

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open/Create a text note that contains multiple blank lines in a row (no spaces, just newline characters)
  2. Move your keyboard cursor (typing prompt? Blinker?) to a line with a blank line above and below.
  3. Hold shift, and press up (or down) to try to select a line in that direction

Expected Result:

• The newline character between the starting line and the next line is selected, allowing you to continue selecting more lines in this fashion

Actual Result:

• Nothing is selected, and your typing prompt has not moved. You are unable to select other lines from this state using the keyboard.

Also related seems to be a similar issue, except where you start on a blank line and try to select a text-filled line below using the shift + down method.

This is one of those small bugs that really irk me as someone who spends most my day typing. I have reproduced this bug on multiple laptops (work and home).

Thanks,

-Matthew

Hi All,

The fix for this will be in the next update to Evernote for Mac, version 6.11. This version is currently in a public beta which can be found here:

Please note: beta versions of the application are still in testing. If you run into any issues using this version, please direct them to the thread above.

Archived