Table of Contents (links to notes)

Is it possible to create a toc / links to notes, which I can place a COPY of the original TOC in a client's folder so they can access only the files I chose for them?   I've tried this, but must be doing something incorrectly, as the links  do not work for the client.   I need some instruction on this, please.  Thank you, Helen

PS.  The only way I can get a TOC to work for clients is to make a separate folder with the files, TOC in that folder, and give them access ...so they have 2 folders instead of one, which would be preferred.  Thanks again!

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Helen D said:

Is it possible to create a toc / links to notes, which I can place a COPY of the original TOC in a client's folder so they can access only the files I chose for them?   I've tried this, but must be doing something incorrectly, as the links  do not work for the client.   I need some instruction on this, please.  Thank you, Helen

PS.  The only way I can get a TOC to work for clients is to make a separate folder with the files, TOC in that folder, and give them access ...so they have 2 folders instead of one, which would be preferred.  Thanks again!

You started out ok with toc / links to notes; but then you went to files and folders 

I've done this, giving access to a TOC note.  I used only external urls and all viewing was done in a browser

55 minutes ago, Helen D said:

Ok.  So if I redo the TOC's with external urls (public links, right?), I could copy the TOC note into their folder and it should work for my clients?

Thank you - much appreciated.  Helen

@Helen D, I don't think @DTLow is online anymore, so I'll try to help you. I think what you will have to do is create a TOC note in the shared notebook. Then, note by note, copy the public link (external URL) of the note and paste it into the TOC note in the shared notebook.

• Like 1