Table of Contents (links to notes)

Is it possible to create a toc / links to notes, which I can place a COPY of the original TOC in a client's folder so they can access only the files I chose for them?   I've tried this, but must be doing something incorrectly, as the links  do not work for the client.   I need some instruction on this, please.  Thank you, Helen

PS.  The only way I can get a TOC to work for clients is to make a separate folder with the files, TOC in that folder, and give them access ...so they have 2 folders instead of one, which would be preferred.  Thanks again!

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Helen D said:

Is it possible to create a toc / links to notes, which I can place a COPY of the original TOC in a client's folder so they can access only the files I chose for them?   I've tried this, but must be doing something incorrectly, as the links  do not work for the client.   I need some instruction on this, please.  Thank you, Helen

PS.  The only way I can get a TOC to work for clients is to make a separate folder with the files, TOC in that folder, and give them access ...so they have 2 folders instead of one, which would be preferred.  Thanks again!

You started out ok with toc / links to notes; but then you went to files and folders 

I've done this, giving access to a TOC note.  I used only external urls and all viewing was done in a browser

55 minutes ago, Helen D said:

Ok.  So if I redo the TOC's with external urls (public links, right?), I could copy the TOC note into their folder and it should work for my clients?

Thank you - much appreciated.  Helen

@Helen D, I don't think @DTLow is online anymore, so I'll try to help you. I think what you will have to do is create a TOC note in the shared notebook. Then, note by note, copy the public link (external URL) of the note and paste it into the TOC note in the shared notebook.

Archived