Evernote 8.0 for iOS (iPhone) questions

Hello,

Some questions regarding Evernote 8.0 for iOS (iPhone):

1. How do I add the back of business cards? I used to be able to take a photograph of the front and back of business cards. I don't seem to be able to photograph the back of business cards since the new release.
  2. Is it possible to minimise the keyboard when entering a note? I don't seem to be able to do this since the new release.
  3. How do I crop photographs? I don't seem to be able to do this since the new release.
  4. Why does Evernote ask me to enter my App store password each time I open Evernote 8.0?

Regards,
Ben

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Are you guys both now on 8.0.2?

Edit:  When you are,  it would be more effective to post here with any continuing issues..

Yes, I am on 8.0.2.

Questions that remain:

1. How do I add the back of business cards? 
  2. Is it possible to minimise the keyboard when entering a note? 
  3. How do I crop photographs? 
  4. Why does Evernote sometimes ask me to enter my App store password each time  when I open Evernote 8.0?

Regards,
Ben

10 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'm very disappointed with Evernote for releasing a new version of the iOS app that removed key features. I purchased a product (Evernote) that offered features important to me and Evernote removed them without notification ahead of time. It feels like Evernote's communication and iOS app testing program has been very poor. 

1 hour ago, treaders said:

Questions that remain:

1. How do I add the back of business cards? 
  2. Is it possible to minimise the keyboard when entering a note? 
  3. How do I crop photographs? 
  4. Why does Evernote sometimes ask me to enter my App store password each time  when I open Evernote 8.0?

Regards,
Ben

1. I'm not sure. Maybe someone else will see this and can answer it.

2. You swipe down to clear the keyboard.

3. To crop, tap on the photo, an image screen will open, tap the a (annotate) icon in the bottom bar, tap the 3 dots at the top right, select crop.

4. This is a known issue. See this post in another thread:

Ok...is it me?  I have had Evernote for years now and all of a sudden it constantly crashes on me! Constantly asses me to put in my Apple ID! And is never available when I need it because of it constantly having glitches! Am I the only one who's experiencing major technical issues with this app! I uninstalled it off of  my iPhone and reinstalled it to see if it would fix any bugs but it hasn't. It's also doing the same on my iPad. I  was going to upgrade, but I certainly won't be with these technical issues for the last past weeks. 

6 minutes ago, jim.g said:

1. I'm not sure. Maybe someone else will see this and can answer it.

2. You swipe down to clear the keyboard.

3. To crop, tap on the photo, an image screen will open, tap the a (annotate) icon in the bottom bar, tap the 3 dots at the top right, select crop.

4. This is a known issue. See this post in another thread:

1. Ok.

2. Ah, thank you.

3. Interesting, it appears that if you tap on the left or right side of the photo, Evernote iOS goes into note entry/edit mode. But, if you tap on the centre of the photo the annotation options appear. Thank you.

4. Yes, agree.

Thank you jim.g

7 hours ago, treaders said:

1. Ok.

2. Ah, thank you.

3. Interesting, it appears that if you tap on the left or right side of the photo, Evernote iOS goes into note entry/edit mode. But, if you tap on the centre of the photo the annotation options appear. Thank you.

4. Yes, agree.

Thank you jim.g

Here is one solution for 1. Scan the back of the card into EN. Merge the business card note and the scanned back of card note.

On 1/23/2017 at 6:22 PM, NateBaby said:

Ok...is it me?  I have had Evernote for years now and all of a sudden it constantly crashes on me! Constantly asses me to put in my Apple ID! And is never available when I need it because of it constantly having glitches! Am I the only one who's experiencing major technical issues with this app! I uninstalled it off of  my iPhone and reinstalled it to see if it would fix any bugs but it hasn't. It's also doing the same on my iPad. I  was going to upgrade, but I certainly won't be with these technical issues for the last past weeks. 

Is this why my iPhone keeps asking for my password to the App Store? What a pain. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  A lot of different issues have come up with the launch of iOS 8.0 and as new threads are popping up all over these mainly user-supported forums,  I doubt that the developers stand much chance of seeing them all.  It's always better to raise any queries or comments in the release thread,  or at least post a comment there that links back to this post,  to make sure the devs see your views as quickly as possible.

Archived