(Archived) Please pull Evernote from the app market

Shutez

Look, I understand that the prefix bug has given you more problems than you were hoping. (see here: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16595 here: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16140 and here: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16518)

However, it is absolutely killing you that you are still pumping this software on the android market, even though anyone who downloads it is going to give it a terrible rating (because it doesn't work).

You have known about this bug for over a month, and it renders the app completely useless. It's time to either release a bug fix or remove the app from the market. Your rating has dropped an entire star since I downloaded the software (from 4.5 to 3.5 and plummeting). With the number of ratings you have, it will be very difficult to bring that back up.

I'm honestly just trying to help -- it's very apparent that this is not a high priority (over a MONTH??) so please stop pretending it's going to be alright, while hemorrhaging Android customers and burning through what little good-will your long-time or (gasp) paying Android customers' still have.

We're still working to fix the problem with the Android client viewing notes created on the Mac client. We realize this is a serious bug and our head of engineering has been spending a lot of time on this personally to get it fixed:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16518&p=66736#p66736

We plan to fix this issue, but don't plan to remove our application from the store for Android users who don't create notes on the Mac.

Thanks

Howdy,

I am using a Windows 7 and Android setup, but sadly discovered that Evernote has the same problem on Windows systems. This software on Android doesn't work, so why make it available on Market? You are just getting our hopes up, and it leaves a real bad taste in our mouths after we do work on a PC and try to sync it to the Android. The "exception..." error makes it useless.

mike

That was a very revealing comment. You have to know by now that this problem is not just mac related. The fact that it is still seen as a mac-only problem shows me that you guys aren't really looking into this properly.

1.) I (and many like me) don't have the client installed on a mac, but on a PC

2.) The original, default note "Welcome to Evernote" experiences the same problem

3.) Any note created on any client, whether through the snippet on a web browser, the "send to" function from Outlook, or directly on a PC experiences the same problem.

In addition to all this, the note creating / saving functionality is broken. Only occasionally does a note I create on my phone actually wind up being uploaded. Those that don't make the upload are deleted completely. I lost the notes from an important meeting yesterday as a result, in spite of very deliberately tapping "save".

Switched to snaptic / 3banana today and plan to stay there until a good fix is released. But in the mean time your competition is catching up.

I did a little experimenting today and discovered that I could create a note on the Android or Windows PC, sync and open them without the error. The error came from using the Outlook plug-in, selecting a note from Outlook Notes, and clicking the "Add to Evernote 3.5" icon on the Outlook menu bar. Syncing those notes still results in the java.lang....exception. So, to keep trying out the utility of Evernote, I've begun copying and pasting the Outlook notes into Evernote. Tedius. ~mike

I'm as unhappy as the next user, but check the sticky forum topic.... there's now a beta release that deals with the prefix bug. I just downloaded it and installed it on my Nexus One, and I can once again read my notes on my Android device. Nice to see progress.

Archived