New gmail integration is great, but doesn't work with preview pane enabled

Nathan T

Idea

Title says it all.  I was excited to see that the web clipper now supports gmail, but unfortunately it appears that it doesn't work with gmail's preview pane feature enabled, which I can't live without.  Any chance you could fix that?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I didn't realise that gmail had a 'preview pane'.  My views are 1) a global view of all folders 2) a list of mails in one folder 3) the content of one email.  Clipper works fine on the last page - I routinely clip emails.  Exactly what issues are you having?  Any chance of a screenshot of a test email?

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I didn't realise that gmail had a 'preview pane'. 

I don't use Gmail web much, but if you go to Labs under settings and scroll to Preview Pane ....

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*

Well... darn.  This is my new favourite thing.  Clipper doesn't work as such,  but it's very useful for email browsing...I can see why anyone'd be reluctant to kill the add-in.  Of course if you're a paying subscriber,  it's always possible to forward emails to your account email address...

27 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Well... darn.  This is my new favourite thing.  Clipper doesn't work as such,  but it's very useful for email browsing...I can see why anyone'd be reluctant to kill the add-in.  Of course if you're a paying subscriber,  it's always possible to forward emails to your account email address...

Yep, which is what I've been doing; the only problem with that is that you don't get a link back to the email, so you need to search for it back in gmail.  Not the end of the world, but I save a lot of emails as part of my workflow, so I'd love to avoid it.

Archived