Somebody please post Evernote 7.18.1 ipa file

Evernote 8.0 is a steaming pile of garbage.  I'd like to downgrade to the version that was available just prior, which is 7.18.1.  Here are easy instructions.  Thanks in advance to anybody that could provide this file.  Please post here or PM me directly, as this thread will likely be deleted soon.  

How To Reinstall Older Version App For iPhone

Phone A Friend
The person can do this by right clicking on the app on iTunes and then selecting Show in Windows Explorer or Show in Finder for Mac.

There will be an .ipa format file. This file can then be used to install the older version app, just download it and drag it into your iOS device.

I was able to restore my iphone entirely in iTunes so I got back 7.18.1 that way, but it was too late for my iPad.  I'm still looking for the ipa file if anybody has it.  iTunes doesn't seem to be copying the ipa files from my iphone for me.

Pleaase... I don't have that version in my iTunes folder. I have only the 7.6.5 version of that file, because it was the last time I've synced my iPhone with my Mac. Now, I'm using this version (7.6.5) but I'd like to use the last version before these updates: 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 (these versions are HORRIBLE!) Please, if somebody have the Evernote 7.18.1.ipa file, upload to some place and post the link. Thanks!

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, hernanballesteros said:

Pleaase... I don't have that version in my iTunes folder. I have only the 7.6.5 version of that file, because it was the last time I've synced my iPhone with my Mac. Now, I'm using this version (7.6.5) but I'd like to use the last version before these updates: 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 (these versions are HORRIBLE!) Please, if somebody have the Evernote 7.18.1.ipa file, upload to some place and post the link. Thanks!

Can't verify, but here is a link to steps to get an older version of an app from the app store.  Posted by someone else.

5 hours ago, csihilling said:

Can't verify, but here is a link to steps to get an older version of an app from the app store.  Posted by someone else.

I tried that and the method unfortunately no longer works. The proxy exploit has been patched by Apple. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mdk1 said:

I tried that and the method unfortunately no longer works. The proxy exploit has been patched by Apple. 

I tried logging out of iCloud and back in.  Seems to working so far.  Had to be careful with the backup settings, Apple flags everything to backup when you return, but other than that easy enough.  FWIW. 

11 hours ago, csihilling said:

I tried logging out of iCloud and back in.  Seems to working so far.  Had to be careful with the backup settings, Apple flags everything to backup when you return, but other than that easy enough.  FWIW. 

Would you be so kind as to provide me with the Evernote 7.18.1 ipa file so that I can downgrade (upgrade)?  

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, mdk1 said:

Would you be so kind as to provide me with the Evernote 7.18.1 ipa file so that I can downgrade (upgrade)?  

I'm not familiar with that file.  Our devices are still running 7.18; if you give instructions I can look at retrieving the file

I actually was finally able to use the proxy workaround to download 7.18.1.   The video here has helped:

Also, the person in that video posted a link to the file in the description.  

SO much better.  It's astonishing how they managed to ***** Evernote in version 8.  Having been forced to use it for a few days, it's so nice to be back in 7.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mdk1 said:

I don't have it.  Glad you found your answer IAC.

11 hours ago, mdk1 said:

I actually was finally able to use the proxy workaround to download 7.18.1.   The video here has helped:

Also, the person in that video posted a link to the file in the description.  

SO much better.  It's astonishing how they managed to ***** Evernote in version 8.  Having been forced to use it for a few days, it's so nice to be back in 7.  

The app ask me for the password OF THAT USER... I put my Apple ID and Pass and freeze... 

4 hours ago, hernanballesteros said:

The app ask me for the password OF THAT USER... I put my Apple ID and Pass and freeze... 

You could try direct messaging @jacobberger and ask him this question. He's the one who made and posted the video. Here's the link to his post in another thread.

9 hours ago, hernanballesteros said:

.......what?  If you did this on your own computer using your own iTunes, there's no way it could possibly know who "that user" is, or be connected to "that user" in any way.  I have no idea what you could be referring to.  The video worked for me using iTunes on my own computer.  

On 1/24/2017 at 2:44 AM, DTLow said:

I'm not familiar with that file.  Our devices are still running 7.18; if you give instructions I can look at retrieving the file

The IPA file is the 'app' file stored on the Mac hard drive. The file is  "linked" to the iTunes account that downloaded it, so mass distribution isn't too helpful :)

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, jacobberger said:

The IPA file is the 'app' file stored on the Mac hard drive. The file is  "linked" to the iTunes account that downloaded it, so mass distribution isn't too helpful :)

Right; I wa was looking on my iPad. 
Mac iTunes is not something I've used for my IOS upgrades. 
Thanks for the info and process notes

39 minutes ago, jacobberger said:

I followed all the indications that you gave in your video, Jake; And I must say that they are PERFECT and that ... I HAVE INSTALLED VERSION 7.18! You are a genius. Thank you so much for your generosity, Jake.

IMG_3650.PNG

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, hernanballesteros said:

Follow ALL the indications... I'm using OLD Evernote Version 7.18.1

I was actually trying to respond to users looking for an ipa file

I'm part of the review team for the new release and I'm actually not having the issues other users are experiencing

18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I was actually trying to respond to users looking for an ipa file

I'm part of the review team for the new release and I'm actually not having the issues other users are experiencing

In the other post, I recorded all my criticisms. I, specifically, only experienced the problem of how slow Evernote behaved when scrolling. I was also able to upgrade to the "new" version and I had to reboot only once, after which the crash issues were solved. HOWEVER, I detailed my criticism of EVERYTHING that Evernote has lost. On the contrary, Evernote HAS NOT BEEN GAINED. But I am not the measure of all things and I have read the other post and in principle, 90% of the comments are NEGATIVE. And even with the new update, many users continue to complain WITH MUCH REASON. What is really disappointing, is that the only solution that seems to find the "team" of Evernote, is to tell those who have problems with each and every update is: "Re-Install". It's really POOR customer service from the Evernote team. While the services offered by Evernote are extremely useful to me (that is why I am still subscribed and I will continue to subscribe to Evernote), it is disappointing that the complaints are so deep and continue to advertise how "wonderful" this update is ... However , They do not say NEITHER a WORD about the reasons why they have removed LOTS of usable options from the application.

Archived