Scrollable Field inside Note Document

UncleRic

Idea

Scenario:  I have a long text file that I don't need to expose in a long Evernote page.

Requested Solution: I would like to have a pull-down icon/field to merely reveal the first line or title of data.

Examples:  

1. Apple's Stickies can be toggled from a single line to full display.   Being able to incorporate a 'sticky' in an Evernote page would be fantastic.
  2. Aquamind's NoteTaker has the ability to expand an entity from one line to full height.         

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, UncleRic said:

Requested Solution: I would like to have a pull-down icon/field to merely reveal the first line or title of data

For the note list, I use top list view (Mac); it can be restricted to titles only.  On my ipad, I also minimalized the note list to just the title

A work-around within the note, is to break up a long note into sub-notes or attachments? A link can be included for the sub-note to make it easy to go back and forth.  Attachments can be viewed inline or as just an icon

I'm not quite sure how to display a 'list' view.  I see the square check box icon to be used per line.   It merely toggles a check mark.  

My scenario: I have a long JSON response sample that I want to occasionally review.  But most of the time I don't need to stare at it.  It's wasteful to create separate page for it and merely link that Evernote page to my main Evernote page.

I've used the attachments route with PDFs.

I'll see if I can clean-up the text and generate a PDF to access.  -- try that route.

But ultimately, I like the idea of having a 'Stickies' icon (could be colored) within the Evernote that I can click and expand/contract.  -  That would be really nice!

- Thanks for the quick response.... I appreciate it.

Ahhh. Okay.

That's a different issue.  

I'm seeking a different paradigm: to incorporate a reference note within a single Evernote document, (e.g., a 'sticky').

So I'll leave my concern as an idea for an Evernote enhancement.

... and work with what we currently have per your suggestion.

Thanks.

Archived