We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Idea

Sometimes when I'm writing notes, I would like to be able to put a comment not in the text of the note, but as an annotation - much as I can make a comment to an uploaded PDF, for instance.  Something like a separate text box, or the equivalent of a 'sticky note' that could remain on the side of the text, but linked to the relevant point.

Thanks for considering.

• Like 3

6 replies to this idea

While I also wish for this dedicated feature, I've been using the 'Code block' feature as a quick workaround (Ctrl+Shift+L). The borders, background color and alternate font/size makes it stand out in a text.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, David Noonan said:

Sometimes when I'm writing notes, I would like to be able to put a comment not in the text of the note, but as an annotation - much as I can make a comment to an uploaded PDF, for instance.  Something like a separate text box, or the equivalent of a 'sticky note' that could remain on the side of the text, but linked to the relevant point.

Thanks for considering.

I can think of several ways this could be done manually - by exporting a completed note to PDF and 'annotating' the PDF forinstance,  or just creating a two-column table - one for the note,  the other for comments.  It's not otherwise currently possible.  Don't know how relevant the idea is to the majority of users - guess we'll see in the voting...

7 hours ago, David Noonan said:

Sometimes when I'm writing notes, I would like to be able to put a comment not in the text of the note, but as an annotation

I use a two column table for my notes.Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 6.53.20 PM.png  
It gives be a background colour, and text space on the right side.

I could use this for comments

Em 2017-1-21 at 00:50, DTLow disse:

I use a two column table for my notes.Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 6.53.20 PM.png  
It gives be a background colour, and text space on the right side.

I could use this for comments

Evernote Mac here. On Windows, is it also possible to edit table background color?

44 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

On Windows, is it also possible to edit table background color?

It turns out there's not colour setting in Evernote/Windows
A work-around would be to edit the underlying html
To save time, I'd create templates and have them available

Here's my template  Template-Blank Yellow 1x2.enex
and the code is 
<td style="border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); padding: 10px; margin: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 239, 185); width: 71.08721624850656%;">

1 hour ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

Evernote Mac here. On Windows, is it also possible to edit table background color?

Workaround.  You can copy/paste the table into Word, make property changes and then copy/paste back into EN.  I would paste into a new note and save the old until you are sure everything made it through the translation.