Evernote 8: Filtering by Tag should not show items in Trash

Ron V

Idea

In the new iOS version of Evernote, why does filtering by Tag show items in the trash?  Filtering by tag now is essentially useless for me for GTD since I can no longer instantly tell what is current and what was deleted weeks, months, or years ago!

Very unhappy now.

Ron

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ron Vutpakdi said:

In the new iOS version of Evernote, why does filtering by Tag show items in the trash?

It would be more productive if you post in the release discussion than starting your own discusssion

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

For example the developers who issued the release and are monitoring the release discussion

I think if you cycle the IOS forum you will get a good sense of the v8 release discussion, across quite a few threads at this point. 

On the other hand, sometimes it is easier for a user to find a solution to their issue if the title encapsulates the issue and the thread isn't multiple pages in length, as some of these IOS v8 threads are at this point.  Just a different view of the world.  :)

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Ron Vutpakdi said:

In the new iOS version of Evernote, why does filtering by Tag show items in the trash?  Filtering by tag now is essentially useless for me for GTD since I can no longer instantly tell what is current and what was deleted weeks, months, or years ago!

A possible work-around is to empty the Trash

If you want to keep the notes as backup, export them in html format and store them elsewhere

Archived