(Archived) Are There Any Automated Backup Procedures Available for Mac

RonPriest

Idea

Okay so I'm new here and have done some searches relating to any existing automated backup or export procedures but haven't found any discussion on the topic. So is there any automated way to do an automatic backup or export of all of my notebooks/notes are do I have to remember to manually preform the task every day or so?

4 replies to this idea

You could use AppleScript to export individual notebooks, but I think that Time Machine would be simpler. Evernote stores all of its data within your home directory (in Library / Application Support / Evernote), so if you just back up your whole home directory via Time Machine, you'd have everything.

You could use AppleScript to export individual notebooks, but I think that Time Machine would be simpler. Evernote stores all of its data within your home directory (in Library / Application Support / Evernote), so if you just back up your whole home directory via Time Machine, you'd have everything.

Oh... okay I didn't realize the actual content of the notes were being written to my Library folder. Okay, so that is good news then because I do use Time Machine with a dedicated drive specifically for that purpose. So I suppose it's still good to export all of your notes everyone once in a while via the Mac client application in case say.... EverNotes cloud bursts and we God forbid, they should happen to loose all of our data. Then we can easily restore the exported XML file correct? But.. if I didn't have a XML file, I could simply restore my backup and re-sync all of my notes?? Is that how it would work?

Thanks guys.

Yes, you could restore your local database from TimeMachine by just reverting that whole directory and then run the client with networking disabled (to prevent it from resynchronizing and re-deleting the notes).

Or, if you exported and saved the exports, you could always Import those again later.

Archived