New note permanently deleted by new iOS app

I updated to the latest iOS app hours ago. Afterwards, I used it to capture a new photo note, seeing the note stored in the app, I shred the document. Then I want to add another photo note by tagging the + button, and it created a new text note, so I choose "Move to Trash." After two times, suddenly I found that the saved photo note was gone! Not in my "All Notes" or "Trash"! Then I rushed to my Mac, I could see that note present in Evernote for Mac, but then it synced, and the note was gone as well... Now the document was shredded, and the note disappears forever...

Thanks for your reply! But the note no longer presents in any of my notebooks, I wouldn't use that feature to restore the information. Maybe one of the empty notes I found previously in the Trash was the note with the photo, that could be restored using history; but when I checked the Trash folder, all notes there were empty notes, so I emptied it.

I just upgraded to the iOS 8.0 version. It deleted one very long note I've been working on since MONTHS. 

It's not in the trash or anywhere else in my account.

I modified it just this morning though Evernote Web, and now this. I'm furious. 

No solution in sight?

We’re looking into reports of deleted notes not going to the trash, and we have already submitted a fix for this to Apple. For current cases, in order to confirm that this is the same issue, we need to get you into a support ticket with activity logs.

If you're running into this issue, please open a support ticket from your device and include an activity log:

Account > Support > Submit a Support Request (Ensure 'Include activity log' is toggled on)

image.png

If you're having trouble opening a ticket, post here to let me know.

@JLLee @mershguy @caemca @Moka I'm going to be creating a support ticket for each of you to further look into what you've experienced. Please be on the lookout for an email from me.

Even worse for me, it deleted a very important note I hadn't even opened and it's not in the trash. This is my second experience with data loss in the last year and I'm getting very tired of it. 

How do we get our data back?

Having the same exact issue. Using EN8 for iOS, one particular note I was working on for a while just vanished completely. It's not in the trash folder or any other platforms. I hope this gets resolved for all. I had ticket# 1979074 opened already if you want to add this bug with the others for further research @Ellen G

12 hours ago, caemca said:

I just upgraded to the iOS 8.0 version. It deleted one very long note I've been working on since MONTHS. 

It's not in the trash or anywhere else in my account.

I modified it just this morning though Evernote Web, and now this. I'm furious. 

No solution in sight?

I'm having same issue.  I used a note most everyday AAA To Do and I was learning your new mobile app and intending to delete a new note i was trying and it deleted the only note i check all day. As fast as I could I turned off my internet on my Mac and opened it up and it wasn't there. It is not in trash on mobile and desktop. This is the only note I use each day and has super important info, PLEASE ASSIST. thx.

Got the same problem. 

1. Downloaded new update on iPhone

2. Made a test note

3. Deleted the test note

4. The note that was shown under the test note has disappeared completely. Not in trash. It's nowhere. 

It was a pretty important work note unfortunately. I can't make a support request (maybe because I'm not Premium?). 

Archived