Evernote 8.0 very risky!

Stuhrer

Idea

• Level 5

Be very careful when using the new version! There us a high risk missing notes:

1. When you delete a note it is not moved to the trash but completely deleted!
  2. It may happen that not the selected note gets deleted but another one and with problem 1 it is gone for ever!

12 replies to this idea

I can confirm this happened to me as well.  Two notes are gone and not in trash on web, iOS or Mac.  The first note was a test note that I intended to delete.  The second note I deleted by accident by just swiping, it didn't bring up the trash icon just deleted the note.  Please fix this and put deleted notes in Trash where they have always been.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Stuhrer said:

Be very careful when using the new version!

As I responded to your other post

Users might want to hold off before jumping into upgrades.
Monitor the forums to hear the pro and con
Also a rule of thumb is that version .0 tends to be a bit rough; version .1 cleans up bugs

This release is being discussed at

1 hour ago, Stuhrer said:

Be very careful when using the new version! There us a high risk missing notes:

1. When you delete a note it is not moved to the trash but completely deleted!
  2. It may happen that not the selected note gets deleted but another one and with problem 1 it is gone for ever!

Uh...that isn't true at all in my case. I still have 800+ notes in trash (looking on the iPad version) even the ones I just deleted — including test notes. 

Might not be true for some, but every note I've deleted in my iPhone has just disappeared. I've tried this with new test notes and older notes.  The 114 notes I had in my trash still remain, but nothing gets added. 

29 minutes ago, mgllghr said:

Might not be true for some, but every note I've deleted in my iPhone has just disappeared. I've tried this with new test notes and older notes.  The 114 notes I had in my trash still remain, but nothing gets added. 

I just tested this and can recreate it, delete a note and it just disappears. So for now if you or the Evernote app accidentally deleted a note it's just gone

• Level 5

Evernote now admitted that when adding a note and immediately deleting it the note below is deleted! I don't remember whether this was what I experienced. Sometimes when I select notes in the list a different one is displayed. This could have been the reason to accidentally having deleted the wrong note.

Looking at all the problems the new release seems to be another desaster for Evernote. I will look into alternatives now. The deletion of features in the web client and the iOS app is really annoying when the price increases at the same time.

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-17 at 8:01 PM, rolivakraft said:

Accidental deletion (not moved to trash) also happened to me ... What is happening here?! I need that note back!!

At this point, if you don't have personal backups you'll have to rely on Evernote backups

First - you should be posting in the official release discusssion

Contact for Evernote support is

Contact Evernote Support   Paid Customers

Twitter @evernotehelps

Archived