Apple Pencil Use

Man@Arms

Idea

Are there plans to integrate the Apple Pencil into note taking in a more natural way beyond going to sketch mode? This is one of the key reasons I use OneNote for general notes with the iPad Pro as I can take notes essentially instantly, and search on them, using the pencil.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, Man@Arms said:

Are there plans to integrate the Apple Pencil into note taking in a more natural way beyond going to sketch mode?

Can you add some details on the "more natural way"

37 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Can you add some details on the "more natural way"

Definitely... From the moment you click new note, you should be able to select the Apple Pencil as the method of writing from a button below rather than going into sketch mode and having it dropped into the note. 

25 minutes ago, Man@Arms said:

Definitely... From the moment you click new note, you should be able to select the Apple Pencil as the method of writing from a button below rather than going into sketch mode and having it dropped into the note. 

Yeah I use OneNote on my iPad for work and I like being able to annotate directly on my typed notes or write below my typed notes.. I stick with Evernote for personal use.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CVJ said:

I like being able to annotate directly on my typed notes or write below my typed notes.

OK, not so much as an Apple Pencil request, just general annotation.

Personally, I switch to a dedicated app for more serious work.

The Notability app works well for drawing, and makes use of the Pencil features.

Archived