New EN 8 - PDF annotation

Hi - is it me, or am I no longer able to annotate PDF docs in EN - the icon seems to be greyed out. Also, I miss being able to see a list of my tags and can't seem to amend them in the new somewhat hidden tags list. Thanks in advance for any help. 

I use PDF annotations all the time in Evernote, but since the update I can't seem to annotate any new PDF files I've added. I can annotate old files that I have already annotated, but when I add new ones the annotate button is greyed out. 

Any advice for a fix or workaround? 

IMG_0101.PNG

Exact same problem here...

Not able to annotate new PDF files, @-button is grayed out. However notes containing PDFs with annotations made before upgrade to EN 8 can be opened in annotation mode with the @-button.

EN8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iOS 10.2

Another one bites the dust: me too!

iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s Plus, iOS and Evernote App with the latest update.

Should I shift to Google Drive and annotate with third party Apps, and get back to the Basic plan?

I really hope not: Evernote is so handy and useful, and the new layout is fantastic!

IMG_0458.PNG

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-17 at 5:32 PM, Phil Greene said:

Any suggestions would be appreciated 

On 2017-01-18 at 9:58 AM, WRZim said:

Any advice for a fix or workaround? 

I'm also waiting for this to be fixed

My suggestion for a quick solution is to look at the various third party solutions.  

They actually do a much better job than Evernote.  My favourite tool for note taking and PDF annotation is Notability

On 1/21/2017 at 7:42 AM, DTLow said:

I'm also waiting for this to be fixed

My suggestion for a quick solution is to look at the various third party solutions.  

They actually do a much better job than Evernote.  My favourite tool for note taking and PDF annotation is Notability

Sure, I use notes plus, it has great stylus support and allows me to actually write by hand on my PDFs. 

But this is the number one feature I'd like to see Evernote improve—one of the reasons I pay for the service. Brief annotations so that pages get listed in the annotations section Evernote adds to the top of the PDF is crucial for long documents. 

Up until the most recent update, Evernote was sufficient enough for highlighting (the drawing tools and lack of stylus support was hopeless though) that the organization aspects outweighed the massive shortcomings in annotating tools. 

I would so gladly keep paying for Evernote (I have a premium subscription right now) if they had found a way to get PDFs to integrate into notes with annotation tools so that you could just tap on a note from the list and instantly see the PDF contents embedded and get right to work instead of open note > open PDF > open annotation tools (before they broke). The workflow is especially bad on the desktop version. I would gladly trade the new UI and all the new missing features for that one thing. 

The whole point of Evernote is to have notes with all sorts of stuff in them; images, documents, PDFs, random files Evernote has no chance of recognizing, so it's really sad to see them prioritize quick and simple notes over power user features. Power users are the ones who pay. 

Archived