email address gone!

logo

When forwarding emails to Evernote, they would not appear in the default folder.  I hit the reset button, hoping this would help.  Unfortunately, this gave me a new email address, and my premium address has disappeared!  How do I get it back??

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, logo said:

When forwarding emails to Evernote, they would not appear in the default folder.  I hit the reset button, hoping this would help.  Unfortunately, this gave me a new email address, and my premium address has disappeared!  How do I get it back??

You could open a support ticket; I don't think there's anyway for users to reverse an address change themselves 

Contact Evernote Support

(I hope I posted this comment in the correct place..:blink:)

As a professor, I often switch universities and lose important emails. I would like to have my email automatically sent to Evernote (already took care of this with my Evernote email address). But I also want the emails to be tagged automatically with a tag contained in my notebook, ".email". prior to arriving at my Evernote default notebook.

Is there a way to automate this entire process, without me having to tag every email I receive in my Evernote inbox?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Tyrone Ceaser said:

As a professor, I often switch universities and lose important emails. I would like to have my email automatically sent to Evernote (already took care of this with my Evernote email address). But I also want the emails to be tagged automatically with a tag contained in my notebook, ".email". prior to arriving at my Evernote default notebook.

Is there a way to automate this entire process, without me having to tag every email I receive in my Evernote inbox?

Can you identify your platform and email client

On the Evernote side there's only auto filing.  I don't use it - I want to have better control

I tried auto-forwarding in my Email client but wasn't happy with the results; headers removed in GMail; html removed in Apple Mail

I'm happy with scripting on my Mac.  I format the note and tags as I want

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Tyrone Ceaser said:

I work on my Mac and use Apple Mail. 

Apple Mail allows for forwarding rules

I wasn't happy with the results, but Mac also has a scripting feature so I could set up the notes exactly as I want them.  My script is documented here https://www.evernote.com/l/AAoum50-o0dKQaabTlhz5w8aY8A68g75m1I

Archived