Ask for a size when dragging in a picture

Hi, is there a way to set a fixed size for a picture when I drag it in from Windows explorer?

Or better, to have a pop up dialog that asks for the size every time you drag a picture into a note?

Or even better, to be able to insert empty "picture frames" so I can create a template note to be

copied to create a new empty note, and when I drag a picture into a frame, the picture gets

risaized to the size of the frame.

And also, is there a way to make a freehand draw into a note? Maybe through a plugin?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  No.  Evernote will import any images that are dragged,  copied or clipped;  but it's not an image processor,  able to alter the dimensions or resolution of an image.  If that's what you need,  look at third party software like XnView which I use to capture and edit pictures.  There are many alternatives.  Ctrl+K (when Evernote is running) will screen shot all or part of your screen,  and pop up an editor for some basic operations on the image when it is attached to a note.

• Level 5*
On 1/14/2017 at 1:22 PM, fabiospark said:

Or even better, to be able to insert empty "picture frames" so I can create a template note to be

copied to create a new empty note, and when I drag a picture into a frame, the picture gets

risaized to the size of the frame.

Create a 1x1 table in your template note.  Adjust the width of the table to what you want.  Any image you drag into that table will size to that width.  If you expand/contract the width of the table the image will grow/shrink.  And you get a border around the image.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-14 at 0:22 PM, fabiospark said:

And also, is there a way to make a freehand draw into a note? Maybe through a plugin?

Is your "freehand draw" question specific to the Windows platform?  I'm able to draw on my iPad

11 hours ago, csihilling said:

Create a 1x1 table in your template note.  Adjust the width of the table to what you want.  Any image you drag into that table will size to that width.  If you expand/contract the width of the table the image will grow/shrink.  And you get a border around the image.  FWIW.

It sounds goos as a workaround, I will give it a try.

I'm trying to set up a system for my wife to take her notes about her stuff

and, as she's not too friendly with computers I'm aiming at the easiest one.

In fact I would love to have a merge between OneNote ease at placing

everything wherevere you want on the page and the tagging system used

by Evernote and its way to show a list of notes.

So when you drag a picture to a note and it suddenly takes all the visible space

or even more and then you have to resize it, one wonders if isn't there any friendlier way.

Not to mention that I can drag une or more pictures to from Picasa to the note list, and see

a new note created, but I can't drag it directly into the body of a note: any hint?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  No.  Evernote will import any images that are dragged,  copied or clipped;  but it's not an image processor,  able to alter the dimensions or resolution of an image.  If that's what you need,  look at third party software like XnView which I use to capture and edit pictures.  There are many alternatives.  Ctrl+K (when Evernote is running) will screen shot all or part of your screen,  and pop up an editor for some basic operations on the image when it is attached to a note.

I don't want to edit the image but I would like to be able to give it the size I want

without having to manually resize every time I add a new picture.

A setting like "Default dimension for dragged or imported images" would be welcome.

Or something like the resizing sometimes we get asked when we want to send

an image via e-mail. Something like: "do you want to keep the original size or a different one?"

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Giving an image the size you want is editing it to a degree.  In Windows Desktop,  if you click the big image and find the bottom right corner,  you should see a point from which you can 'drag' the corner of the image inwards...  see below.  You can't go past 100% for the maximum size,  but you an get quite small...  Here's before -

ScreenClip [1].png

and after

ScreenClip [2].png

I do a lot of clipping,  and my reservation about having so many options or pop-up choices would be that it would slow down each operation a great deal.  I need a process that can clip repeatedly if necessary without interruptions. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, fabiospark said:

Not to mention that I can drag une or more pictures to from Picasa to the note list, and see

a new note created, but I can't drag it directly into the body of a note: any hint?

If I ever get an instance where an image will not drag directly into EN, I drag it to the desktop and then to EN.

1 hour ago, csihilling said:

If I ever get an instance where an image will not drag directly into EN, I drag it to the desktop and then to EN.

Yes, I noticed that, but all this inconsistent behaviour is not good for... wives.

Not for mine, at least.

Thanks, anyway.

I too would like to be able to resize images with a bit more control, with real dimensions rather than just dragging a pixel-sized control.

What's very irritating though is that the image resizing in EN only allows you to shrink an image. If you drop a small image into EN you cannot make it larger.

I have some notes in which I store very small bitmaps but on my 4K screen they're miniscule and EN won't let me make them any larger!

Archived