Winmail Outlook Stripping Attachments

OK before you type search the board, I have and the fixes dont work.  A new problem that I am experiencing is that when I forward a message from outlook to Evernote it strips the attachment.  If I forward the same email to my gmail account and then forward to evernote then it works.  The reason that i forward is that the evernote clipper works 10% of time and only after I have installed a new version of Evernote.  I am running outlook 2013 and Evernote for Windows.

Bryan

• Level 5*

Two things:

1. Why not use the Outlook Evernote clipper. No forwarding involved?
  2. The Winmail.dat issue is not an Evernote issue but an Outlook one. Look at this thread. It is still a problem to this day with Outlook 2016. You'll see me in the comments on that thread as EdH as I've experienced it too. 
On 1/13/2017 at 0:32 PM, EdH said:

Two things:

1. Why not use the Outlook Evernote clipper. No forwarding involved?
  2. The Winmail.dat issue is not an Evernote issue but an Outlook one. Look at this thread. It is still a problem to this day with Outlook 2016. You'll see me in the comments on that thread as EdH as I've experienced it too. 

So thank you for your input.  As I mentioned, the Evernote outlook clipper will only work about 10% of the time.  It breaks and you cant get it to work again until a new version of Evernote is released and then it will be fixed for awhile and then breaks again.  I would only use the clipper if it worked.  I understand the comment that it is an outlook issue but if I forward the same email to my gmail account then the documents are there (not stripped) then if I forward from gmail to evernote the files are there.  So I dont know why outlook only strips the files when sending to the evernote email address.  

Again the only time I see the issue is forwarding from outlook to evernote and this issue is a new one as it used to work with this computer, with this version of outlook.  

Bryan

• 1 year later...

Came here to post exactly this problem which is driving crazy and furious that I have lost some important docs.  Since the Outlook Evernote clipper NEVER works I  resorted to forwarding emails to the so called evenote upload email address that supposedly allows me to clip just about anything.  Only realised far too late (after deletion) that none of the pdf attachments were being kept by Evernote. Its not the winmail.dat issue as the body of the email is fine, its just there is an empty box where the attached pdf 'should' be.  Evernote is really going from invaluable (went entirely paperless with evernote as the core)  to utter ***** this year (email notes doesnt work, outlook clipper doesn't work and cant be reinstalled without uninstall / reinstall entire evernote desktop etc).

Archived