Annotation only works on the first page of a multi-page PDF

Hi everyone,

For anyone experiencing the issue where Annotation only works on the first page of a multi page PDF - this fix for this issue is in the next update to Evernote, version 6.11. 

I don't have a specific date when the general release will be but if you'd like to switch to the beta to get the fix immediately, go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Once you have updated, if you no longer want to continue on the beta track, go back and uncheck the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Conversely, if you choose to wait it out for the general release, you can use the following workaround:

When needing to annotate subsequent pages from a PDF file, first select the page on the right hand column of the annotation window, then annotate. Here's a screen recording illustrating the steps to work around this:

f31BrjOY63.gif

Let me know if you have any questions!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't you think before selling your Annotation feature you should have fixed this problem? I just paid for the service (an hour ago) because I thought the annotation feature is cool but the feature doesn't work past the second page of the pdf document.

15 hours ago, hadzzz said:

Don't you think before selling your Annotation feature you should have fixed this problem? I just paid for the service (an hour ago) because I thought the annotation feature is cool but the feature doesn't work past the second page of the pdf document.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:44 PM, BSR said:

When needing to annotate subsequent pages from a PDF file, first select the page on the right hand column of the annotation window, then annotate. Here's a screen recording illustrating the steps to work around this:

@hadzzz, I understand your frustration, but did you read the post just above yours where @BSR describes a relatively easy workaround. Plus EN v6.11 is in beta and hopefully will be available shortly. I don't think you wasted your money, but that's just my opinion.

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-03 at 1:44 PM, hadzzz said:

Don't you think before selling your Annotation feature you should have fixed this problem? 

The fix is working for me (Version 6.11 Beta)

If you're still having a problem, you should open a support ticket    Contact Evernote Support

On 2/4/2017 at 9:01 AM, DTLow said:

The fix is working for me

If you're still having a problem, you should open a support ticket    Contact Evernote Support

I am not talking about a lousy solution to such a problem. If evernote advertises the feature as one of the main features coming with paid subscription, the feature has to be flawless. I don't want to click on each page on the sidebar each time I want to annotate or view my previous annotations.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, hadzzz said:

I am not talking about a lousy solution to such a problem.

Ok, how about I reword this:  I'm using Version 6.11 and the fix is working fine for me
I no longer have to click on the sidebar to change pages 

• amanda_h unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, PSi said:

I'm running v6.11 (build 454874) since it was released last week (non beta) but the problem is still there.

Can you describe the steps and issues you're having58f57484e557d_ScreenShot2017-04-17at6_59_20PM.png.6568d72afa753059e6ef6ab9b3cc425c.png

I'm able to annotate pages in a pdf using the Evernote editor

I linked to this discussion from a url evernote support sent me and I missed that the above is a workaround, I thought it was completely fixed in 6.11.

My apologies. The workaround of clicking on the second page works. But it'd be nice to see a proper fix in a future release :)

Archived