Can not decrypt a note with correct password on my MacBook

Hi,

I have a note encrypted with a password for a long time and I can always decrypt it with the password. But today after I decrypted it with the password in my iPhone, and then I found I can not decrypt it with the password in my MacBook, the error it shown is "The passphrase you entered is incorrect. Please re-enter the correct passphrase", but I am quite sure I entered the correct password and I can still decrypt it with the same password in my iPhone.

This is really confused to me, can anyone help? Thanks!

On 1/10/2017 at 8:45 AM, Qian Zhang said:

Hi,

I have a note encrypted with a password for a long time and I can always decrypt it with the password. But today after I decrypted it with the password in my iPhone, and then I found I can not decrypt it with the password in my MacBook, the error it shown is "The passphrase you entered is incorrect. Please re-enter the correct passphrase", but I am quite sure I entered the correct password and I can still decrypt it with the same password in my iPhone.

This is really confused to me, can anyone help? Thanks!

Hi @Qian Zhang, welcome to the forums!

This issue has been fixed in the next update to Evernote for Mac, version 6.11. 

I don't have a specific date when the general release will be but if you'd like to switch to the beta right now, go to Evernote > Preferences > Software Update and check the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

Once you have updated, if you no longer want to continue on the beta track, go back and uncheck the box next to "Update to beta versions when available".

I hope that helps. Please let me know how this works out for you!

• BSR locked this topic

Archived