Logged Out of Evernote Web Clipper in Chrome Browser

amanda_h

Hi y'all,

Our development team is currently investigating an issue with the Evernote Web Clipper automatically logging users out after relaunching the Chrome browser. If you're experiencing this issue, please submit a support request with the answers to the following questions:

• Do you have 'Remember me for 30 days' checked off? If you have 2 Step Verification enabled, have you checked 'Remember me for 30 days' off on both prompts?
  • Does the issue occur after closing the browser or restarting the computer?
  • Does the issue occur after logging to Evernote Web or closing an Evernote Web tab/window?
  • Send the Evernote Web Clipper logs. To send activity logs from the Clipper:

1. Right-click the Evernote Web Clipper icon in the Chrome toolbar
2. Select Options
3. Click View Logs
4. Choose Export logs
5. A text file will open containing the activity log from the Evernote extension. Save this file and include it as an attachment in your ticket submission.

Thank you for your patience while our Technical Support Team and development team work together to help get this resolved.

EDIT: To resolve this issue, please reinstall the latest version of the Evernote Web Clipper (v6.11).

I've been emailing with Stella & Twitter messaging with Dorothy about my frustrations with this situation for the past two weeks (they've both been super-slow to reply). In short, Web Clipper worked great for me on both Safari & Chrome on my old MacBook Air (and my premium Evernote account which I've had since 2010). Over the holidays I got a new MacBook Pro and though I was using the same version of Mac OS Sierra and the same version of Safari & Chrome & the Evernote App, the Evernote WebClipper started asking me to login like every 10-15 minutes. It was super-frustrating. 

Yesterday Stella finally sent me a fix that worked- she had me log in to Evernote Web (which I never use) on my browser and tick off the "remember me option" (which I'd done countless times in the web clipper) and then I tried web clipper again, and alas, 24 hours later I'm STILL logged in to Web Clipper with no problems. I hope this helps fix things for others.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I had no problem with clipper since many years. 

But now I have the same problem all the time with chrome and clipper since 2 weeks. I am always logged out when I close the browser.

I wonder were we can get this fix from Stella for the web clipper. Is there a download link?

@Amanda please tell the developers to fix this problem ASAP its very annoying!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • amanda_h unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • amanda_h pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I am still having problems with Chrome, and I am in fact using the latest version of the Evernote Clipper (6.11).

I have my Chrome browser settings to accept all cookies from Evernote.com. I also have set the Clipper to remember me for 30 days after two-step authentication.

I have however set Chrome not to store cookies from other sites, but I don't think that has anything to do with it since Evernote Clipper was working without having to log in constantly, prior to just a few weeks ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m using Web Clipper 6.11 on Chrome 57.0.2987.133 and MacOS 10.12.3. My Web Clipper (WC) keeps logging out again and again as other users experienced so far. Un-installing and re-installing the WC nor computer shutdown and restart didn’t help. I’m looking back to the good old times when WC was stable.

Archived