Improved Table Editing Functionality

Jay_G

Idea

Would be great to have have some extra functionality regarding the tables in the editor. Currently, there's not much you can do with it...

I know there's a workaround, by using http://enml-editor.ping13.net/# , however it's cumbersome and I have to give access to that site to read through ALL my notes, which I'd rather avoid doing...

The most important for me, would be to change the background colour of a cell...

An old topic (which wasn't ported to this feature request subforum):

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jay_G said:

I know there's a workaround, by using http://enml-editor.ping13.net/# , however it's cumbersome and I have to give access to that site to read through ALL my notes, which I'd rather avoid doing...

The most important for me, would be to change the background colour of a cell...

Another workaround is to export the note and modify it using a text editor.  Simple changes will be preserved when you import it

I use tables a lot, and they do not work well:

• Sorting cells doesn't work
  • Cell selections are erratic.
  • Also copy+pasting text from another table editor, e.g. Excel or tab-separated does not work: it all ends up in one cell.

So I try to export the contents of all the cells to Excel, and import it back, but then it all ends up as flat text. Trying to squeeze that back into a table does not work, because Evernote does not automagically try to wrap the selected text in a table, but instead replaces your text with an empty table: hurray! (not!).

Exporting to Numbers does work, but when I import back the formatting is all messed up and I have not found a way to remove the triple leading.

For me the most important feature would be proper copy-pasting, so that I can use an external editor.

Sorting would be a nice extra option.

Archived