Is there a way to only have manually-created shortcuts?

I like having shortcuts at the top of my sidebar, but I only want notes there that I choose. I haven't found a way to prevent Evernote from automatically adding recent notes to that list. It's a problem in that it pushes my list of stacks/notebooks down too far, and it clutters my otherwise useful shortcuts list, which I like to keep lean for quickly accessing my most-used notes.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, epski said:

I haven't found a way to prevent Evernote from automatically adding recent notes to that list.

I have not seen notes automatically added to my Shortcuts areaScreen Shot 2017-01-06 at 7.05.35 PM.png

Are you referring to the Recent Notes area
You can remove this section from the sidebar by right-clicking

Hi, and thanks for responding, both of you. That is the section. However, I'm looking to keep Shortcuts on the sidebar, but only my shortcuts (the ones that I drag there manually). I want no auto-generated shortcuts, as they clutter up an otherwise nice system.

As for re-ordering, that is something I do and enjoy with my manual shortcuts. I am merely trying to avoid new shortcuts from being added automatically by Evernote.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:01 PM, epski said:

I like having shortcuts at the top of my sidebar, but I only want notes there that I choose. I haven't found a way to prevent Evernote from automatically adding recent notes to that list. It's a problem in that it pushes my list of stacks/notebooks down too far, and it clutters my otherwise useful shortcuts list, which I like to keep lean for quickly accessing my most-used notes.

@epski,

As @DTLow pointed out, Recent Notes and Shortcuts are two distinct, separate sections. 

You can remove the Recent Notes section by using the steps @DTLow provided, or by opening Evernote and selecting View > Sidebar Options and de-selecting Recent Notes.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks, all. I'm not so worried about Recent Notes. I find that helpful, especially since the list falls below Shortcuts.

Believe it or not, though Shortcuts due update automatically. I like shortcuts to my default folder, my Evernote KB Shortcuts note, and my Lists stack, and that's all I need there for now (I can always add more). However, since I last scanned in a bunch of recipes in Doxie and imported them into Evernote, I now have shortcuts for Sweet Potato Waffles, Banana-O-Rama Smoothie, Spinach Mango Smoothie, and so on. I did not add these shortcuts myself, and I don't want them to add themselves. Shortcuts should only be what I select, if there's a way to configure that. Again, I don't mind recent notes updating since, of course, those are the notes which happen to be recent.

Archived