(Archived) Thoughts on 3.0.0.539

• [*:c6e22]Nice to be able to have local notebooks. Annoying that we can't make a notebook local; we have to create a new one. And no switching them on/off, but I can accept that.
    [*:c6e22]Performance is a lot more clunky in this version. For example, when I try to create a new note, I click in the whitespace and then start typing. The first letter appears, and then the program stalls/halts/stutters. After this burp, the rest of my typing shows up. Same kind of hiccup after deleting a note. This one is also annoying in that after the hiccup, the tape has been moved a bit, i.e., I'm not where I was when I started. (Note: I turned off the automatic sync in order to see if that was the problem, but the hiccups still last.)
    [*:c6e22]New merged notes seem to sync. although, the second note that I second, i.e., part 2 of the new note, also shows up in the Web version. But not in the desktop version.
    [*:c6e22]Still hate the icons in the main toolbar; prefer my delete button on the note header.
    [*:c6e22]Noticed that my saved searches for @next or @waiting don't work. At one point, they worked in the desktop version, but not in the web version. I'll give you points for consistency; now they don't work in either version. Instead, I get all notes with next* in them. (Note: changing the filter to "@next" doesn't work either.) By the way, this is a kiss of death right here.
    [*:c6e22]Even more interesting is that my web version won't show me anything for most of my text saved searches. All of those saved searches are "empty", even though I know there are notes in there.
    [*:c6e22]3b clipper still overwrites my 2.2 clipper.

And here's an outright complaint: I see that the majority of wishes to get old functionality back into 3b are being ignored. I speak here of the ability to be able to sort tags any which way, to mix tags and saved searches, and even to have more than 32 (!) saved searches. Even the basic ability to see all notes that are tagged with A or B. Yes, I realize that this is a beta, but without some reassurance from the EN team, I am forced to the realization that these things will probably never show up in the new 3b.

My thoughts:

- local notebooks are good but don't solve some of my issues: share private notes between computers but not the cloud, also without replication between computers, I would have to setup a backup system. So I'm planning on keeping all my work notes in Evernote 2.2 and all my personnal stuff in Evernote 3.

- closed tags in the tree don't display notes from subtags

- right now, after importing my evernote 2.2 notes and deleting the notebook I'm having the following error

11:18 68% Creating server tag "Health"
11:18 68% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_CONFLICT parameter="Tag.name"
11:18 68% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 48s
11:24 0% Authenticating user "CadErik"
11:24 0% Connecting to preview.evernote.com
11:24 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount=205
11:24 0% Updating server items
11:24 15% Creating server tag "Health"
11:24 15% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_CONFLICT parameter="Tag.name"
11:24 15% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 3s
11:27 0% Authenticating user "CadErik"
11:27 0% Connecting to preview.evernote.com
11:27 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount=205
11:27 0% Updating server items
11:27 15% Creating server tag "Health"
11:27 15% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_CONFLICT parameter="Tag.name"
11:27 15% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 1s"

I just upgraded to .539. When working offlline EV3 drives CPU utilization to 100% and brings the system to a crawl. Setting it back to work online returns utilization back to normal. I noticed similar results when syncing.

Stephen

I just upgraded to .539. When working offlline EV3 drives CPU utilization to 100% and brings the system to a crawl. Setting it back to work online returns utilization back to normal. I noticed similar results when syncing.

Stephen

I can confirm this with 539 on Vista Ultimate SP1.

Simply switching to "work offline" makes EN3 use all available CPU, switching "work offline" off solves the problem.

Stefan

Archived