Group a search result by its tags

cduong13

Idea

Hi,

I have 3 tags for priorities: high, medium, low.  When I do search to find my priority tasks, for e.g. `any: tag:high tag:medium tag:low`. The result is sorted by relevance in default. 

This makes me hard to know my "high priority tasks" at first hand. I want to sort my search result, so that I can see High Prio tasks first, Medium, and  then Low in Group.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, cduong13 said:

I have 3 tags for priorities: high, medium, low.  When I do search to find my priority tasks, for e.g. `any: tag:high tag:medium tag:low`. The result is sorted by relevance in default. 

This makes me hard to know my "high priority tasks" at first hand. I want to sort my search result, so that I can see High Prio tasks first, Medium, and  then Low in Group.

Why not three separate shortcut-searches listing High, Medium, Low notes

The TSW has a solution (I don't like it).  The tags are prefixed with a number: 1High, 2Medium, 3Low   You can then sort on the tag column in list view

btw The new GTD philosophy is to not use High/Medium/Low.  Instead, time tags are used Now/Soon/Later

My preference is to assign a due date (reminder) and search on date

Hi, I've got an answer from Evernote help.

Hello, 

My name is Jacob, I am an Evernote Community Leader and part of the Evernote Expertise Network. 

I think I have a system that will suit you: 

In the middle pane, click on the half-lined rectangle and then click side list. This view is very helpful because it allows you to see and sort for a number of columns of information for each note. Now if you Cmd+Click on the column titles you can check those columns you want to see. Make it so that "tags" is shown. 

Now, you can click the "tags" column heading to sort your notes by these tags. However to make sure that they sort by High Priority first, you will need to rename your tags to something like "1. High Priority", "2. Medium Priority" so that they sort correctly. 

Cheers, 
Jacob

Archived