Emailing to a Notebook in a Stack possible?

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, theartofseeing said:

Is it possible to email a note to a notebook that is within a stack?  If so how is it done?

The Stack is not relevent
To specify the Notebook in your email, add @notebook to the end of your subject line

@gazumped gave a link to the full set of email documentation
You can specify other parameters like tag, reminder

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

The Stack is not relevent
To specify the Notebook in your email, add @notebook to the end of your subject line

@gazumped gave a link to the full set of email documentation
You can specify other parameters like tag, reminder

Does "@whatever" need to be at the very end of the subject line?  Can #whatever be anywhere in the subject line? 

• 4 months later...

Is there a specific way to send to a notebook in a stack? I have a stack named Receipts and inside that I have Receipts 2015, Receipts 2016, etc. If I send an email to @Receipts 2016 it won't go inside the stack and I can't find the note anywhere. If I remove from stack and sync the email shows up inside that notebook - but note - no longer in stack.

I tested this by removing the 2016 from the stack and keeping the 2017 in the stack. I sent the same email twice to each notebook, 2016 & 2017. So for now I have Receipts 2017 also taken out of the stack so I can finish sending the receipts while I wait for an answer.

Thanks all in advance!

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, cathyvon said:

Is there a specific way to send to a notebook in a stack?

As per the above, use the @Notebook parameter so your email creates a note in a specific notebook

Stacks are simply a collection of notebooks

If you "send an email to @Receipts 2016" it will create a note in that notebook. 
I just tried it using @Receipts 2016  
The note was created in my Receipts 2016 notebook which happens to be in a stack

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, cathyvon said:

Is there a specific way to send to a notebook in a stack? I have a stack named Receipts and inside that I have Receipts 2015, Receipts 2016, etc. If I send an email to @Receipts 2016 it won't go inside the stack and I can't find the note anywhere. If I remove from stack and sync the email shows up inside that notebook - but note - no longer in stack.

I tested this by removing the 2016 from the stack and keeping the 2017 in the stack. I sent the same email twice to each notebook, 2016 & 2017. So for now I have Receipts 2017 also taken out of the stack so I can finish sending the receipts while I wait for an answer.

Thanks all in advance!

I would check again.  Notes don't actually "live" in Stacks, they live in the Notebooks within the Stacks.  

Syntax check, if your notebook is Receipt 16, you need to put it in quotes in the email header.  Or, my preference, make it Receipts.2016.  IAC, if Receipts.2016 is in the stack Receipts, when you add a note to Receipts.2016 it will appear in the stack and in the notebook.

19 minutes ago, csihilling said:

I would check again.  Notes don't actually "live" in Stacks, they live in the Notebooks within the Stacks.  

Syntax check, if your notebook is Receipt 16, you need to put it in quotes in the email header.  Or, my preference, make it Receipts.2016.  IAC, if Receipts.2016 is in the stack Receipts, when you add a note to Receipts.2016 it will appear in the stack and in the notebook.

When I email the note to the non-stacked Receipts 2016 with @Receipts 2016 it does go to the correct notebook. However, it still doesn't show up to any of the stacked folders I send to. Are you saying for a stacked folder it needs to be in quotes? 

24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As per the above, use the @Notebook parameter so your email creates a note in a specific notebook

Stacks are simply a collection of notebooks

If you "send an email to @Receipts 2016" it will create a note in that notebook. 
I just tried it using @Receipts 2016  
The note was created in my Receipts 2016 notebook which happens to be in a stack

Thanks @DTLow I wonder if something is going on because the only way I am getting it into a notebook is if it is not stacked. It's been over an hour and the non-stacked notebooks are getting the emails and the stacked notebooks are not.

Thanks for your help!

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, cathyvon said:

When I email the note to the non-stacked Receipts 2016 with @Receipts 2016 it does go to the correct notebook. However, it still doesn't show up to any of the stacked folders I send to. Are you saying for a stacked folder it needs to be in quotes? 

I think you should ignore the "Stacks" connection
A stack is a collection of notebooks and has nothing to do with email

You don't need quotes

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I think you should ignore "Stacks"
A stack is a collection of notebooks and has nothing to do with email

You don't need quotes

The reason I mentioned the Stacks is because my emails are not going into the stack notebooks and wondering if I needed to do something like @Receipts:Receipts 2016 in order to get the email into the correct notebook.

Thanks for your help @DTLow

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, cathyvon said:

You cannot email to stacks, only to notebooks.  If your notebook name contains a space it needs to be in quotes.  

Archived