Notes gone after sync fails

Hello, I have twice experienced that a note is suddenly gone. Seem to be related to sync issues. iPhone spotlight can find the note in the index, but it is not able to load it in the app. No trace of it in trash, on the mac or online. Is support unable to help without premium subscription?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Finn Ove said:

Hello, I have twice experienced that a note is suddenly gone. Seem to be related to sync issues. iPhone spotlight can find the note in the index, but it is not able to load it in the app. No trace of it in trash, on the mac or online. Is support unable to help without premium subscription?

You're posting in the Mac forum - is this a Mac or iPhone error?

Did the note originate on the Mac or iPhone?

I'm thinking if it's listed in Spotlight, it should have synced to get indexed.

You can try contacting Support via twitter    Twitter @evernotehelps 

Thank you. Note originated on a Mac. I'll try twitter. I probably can find this note through a computer backup also.

However, I'm a bit concerned about notes suddenly disappearing twice. First time it was in regard to Evernote's scheduled maintenance. I got a sync error when opening a note on my iPhone as expected, but suddenly the note was editable...and blank... the Mac also showed a blank note afterwards. Difficult to say if its iPhone related or sync service related. Mac is my main source.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Finn Ove said:

Thank you. Note originated on a Mac. I'll try twitter. I probably can find this note through a computer backup.

However, I'm a bit concerned about a note suddenly disappearing twice. First time it was in regards to Evernote's scheduled maintenance. I got a sync error when opening a note on my iPhone as expected, but suddenly the note was editable...and blank... the Mac also showed a blank note afterwards. Difficult to say if its iPhone related or sync service related. Mac is my main source.

Just to be clear, is the problem with the note disappearing; or with the note contents disappearing?

I have ticket 1895717 open because sometimes my Mac fails to load a note's contents.  The note displays as blank, and if I start typing I overwrite the true note contents.

Hi, first time the content was missing. (Then the note history would have been enough to recover, I suppose.) This time the whole note was completely gone. I have just now restored from a backup, and I'm fine... Good thing I discovered this. The risk is when loosing notes without noticing. But if there will be very few "Me too" responses on this one - It may be best to move on without much further concern, I guess. Thanks.

Archived