(Archived) Syncrhonizing between Evernote 2.2 and Evernote 3.0

Folks,

Here's my question. I want to replace onenote with Evernote.And I have a few questions.

1. Does evernote 3.0 support document drag and drop yet. I tried doing this and it says drag or drop but the documents (PDFs and windows office2007 do not add themselves and attach to the documents.

2. Can we share a database currently between 2.2 and 3.0

3. Before Evernote launches the new full client application for windows mobile, can Evernote keep from discontinuing the windows mobile preview release until all full options are available. I was told from an Evernote official that this download will shortly be discontinued from the web site?

4. Any chance of getting use of the Evernote WIndows Mobile 3.0 full beta release that combines the stand alone application with the web uploader?

What Evernote is attempting to do here can have a pretty profound effect on the way people are managing information.

I spent the day trouble shooting, you can actually have two copies of evernote on a windows mobile pda

you can have the full version and the web verision. to reach them quickly you just have to have something like spb mobile plus and you have full access to this and you can set up a program link to both applications from your today screen. very nice!!! so you get the best of both worlds

Folks,

Here's my question. I want to replace onenote with Evernote.And I have a few questions.

1. Does evernote 3.0 support document drag and drop yet. I tried doing this and it says drag or drop but the documents (PDFs and windows office2007 do not add themselves and attach to the documents.

As far as I know, no. Note that even in 2.2, there is no "attaching" of a document. You get a link to the document, not a copy of it (as opposed to with OneNote.)

2. Can we share a database currently between 2.2 and 3.0

Nope.

When can we expect them to add all the extraordinary features of evernote 2.2 to 3.0? Is this going to be on the road map?

From my discussion with Phil (CEO) a couple of weeks ago, and from everything I've seen here, I am confident in saying that EN is going in a new direction, primarily that of a data collection application. I'll bet that old-fashioned categories, now tags, are gone, as are templates and note links. I've seen no indication so far of any plan to restore these high-end features. I'd like to hear differently from EN.

Archived