Home screen shortcuts don't work

So I'm in the app, with a note open, I click the three dots, select 'add to homescreen'.

The problem is that the newly created shortcut doesn't work IF Evernote is already open. All it does is open Evernote on whatever note was previously open. However if Evernote is closed, the shortcut works fine.

What's even more mysterious is that my older home screen shortcuts work fine all the time. It's just all recent shortcuts I've added which don't work. I did recently downgrade from premium to free, could this be related?

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK it's not related to a downgrade.  Make a shortcut from the app and you get a shortcut.  If you want that note again you can tap the shortcut.  If you're already in the app,  why do you need to tap the shortcut?  Use a saved search or some such to find the note.  Shortcuts are for when the app is closed already.

If you're already in the app,  why do you need to tap the shortcut?

Because I'm not in the app, I just opened the app before then did something else and it remains open in the background. When I select the shortcut, the app opens at where it was previously open and not where the shortcut goes to. 

Regardless, half my shortcuts DO open the specific note (whether or not evernote is already open in the background) and half do not. So clearly something is not working as intended here. 

Hello,

I'm a free user so do not have access to your support (which I'm not complaining about, seems reasonable). Would be grateful if someone else who has the same issue and does have premium could do so... :)

Meanwhile, as requested the version number is 7.9.8

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Level 5*

Hi

18 hours ago, Trong said:

no shortcut is added.

I have the same version of Evernote on a Samsung and that feature is working for me - do you have clear space on your home screen/ multiple pages to allow an icon to appear?

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi

I have the same version of Evernote on a Samsung and that feature is working for me - do you have clear space on your home screen/ multiple pages to allow an icon to appear?

I just found out that "Add to home screen" feature also doesn't work in some apps and works properly for some others. It's strange. Then I guess, it's related to ROM that running on my phone.
Thanks for your help.

• Like 1