Can't delete tag after allowing Premium to expire

I allowed my Premium to expire. For the time being I am just using the free version.  I am doing some cleanup and there is a tag that has no notes attached to it but Evernote won't let me delete it.  I get the message "The note cannot be synced..."  There is no note to sync and even if there was, you would think that EN would allow me to delete it.  I tried renaming the tag to see if that would break something loose and I also updated EN.  In the screenshot you can see that I renamed the tag to * so that it would be at the top and you can also see that there is no note attached to it.

screeenshot.jpg

• Level 5*

I would rename it something else for starters because you definitely don't want to delete the * tag and wipe out everything! That is a wild card, and while the system should treat it as a literal, I wouldn't test it.

Are you sure it is your tag? Is it a tag from someone else's notebook they have shared with you?

Try deleting it from the website. If that doesn't work contact support - see my sig. Deleting tags is not a premium feature. I don't think your account reverting has anything to do with it. Just coincidence.

• Level 5*

Try pressing the Ctrl key and clicking on sync to see if the note appears.  If it does, make whatever adjustments and then delete the tag.

Or, add the tag to another note and then try and delete the tag from the note header area of that note.

Archived