Note content deleted during windows lag - help restore

PeterJR

So I was editing an important note and for whatever reason the whole note got highlighted and deleted in a split second in some lagging glitch.  The note is still there but the content is gone and apparently there is no simple undo feature in Evernote.  How can I get the content back?  Am I going to be told to pay $89 a year for an undo feature or to restore?  Please do not, because if that is the case I am moving to a different service.  I have no problem paying for this application but the $90 a year price point is a bit much to justify an undo feature for personal use.     

• Level 5*

Hi.  Had you tried 'undo' just after losing your content,  you probably could have gotten it back immediately.  It would also have been possible to stop the change from syncing to the server,  and from there to other devices connected to your account.  In fact if you haven't used one or other of your devices,  that's the best place to check for a copy of the note.  If you find one,  don't connect to the internet until you have copied the content to a new note.

Syncing goes device > server > other devices,  so there's always a possibility that there's a copy somewhere.

If you have any system backups for a desktop,  your notebook,  and the note contents will be stored there.

If none of those possibilities are available,  then yes,  Note History is the final (premium subscriber) option - even if you only upgrade for one month to use it.

Archived